ECU issue

jim-bob

after a ecu for my vario tdi,

my code is:

038 906 018 EC

been looking on ebay and around, but i cant find one with the same letters at the end,

does this matter?? if so, what do they mean??

cheers in advance :)

jim-bob

What was wrong with it?

it had got wet, the seal was missing where the wiper is mouted,
half hour on the heater, all fixed

drove it today, no problems, and is soo nice to drive :D

alib44

How did you get it out, jim-bob. Ive just checked mine and its totally soaking and filthy.!!

alib44

Got it out. Same problem as you. Missing wiper arm seal. Must have been missing for a while as ecu in a sorry old state. Heating it gently to see if that works but i dont hold out much hope!

jim-bob

take apart and clean the circuit board and all inside, mine was glued up and not wet inside but i thought it aint guna hurt.

put her back in, wrapped it in a plastic bag, and she ran, the flashing glow plug light did its thing for a while but went off after 10 mins, never been on since,

well pleased with it, passed mot this morning after a 30 min drive, so i got £1500 worth of vario for £300

Good Times :)

alib44

took it apart and cleaned it as you suggested. Running fine now. Saved me a bundle. Cheers.

ibiza-carl

WOW that's odd how a sealed e.c.u unit would get wet on the out side and cause that problem?
Do you not think because you took the e.c.u off for a period of time that its just not reset its self?
Just curios dudes if its worked for you both then nice one!!!

alib44

When i opened it up there was some verdigris and white deposits on the circuit booard. Maybe the seal had perished slightly? Skoosh of cotact cleaner did the trick.:)

jim-bob

When i opened it up there was some verdigris and white deposits on the circuit booard. Maybe the seal had perished slightly? Skoosh of cotact cleaner did the trick.:)

same as me :)

good times, i loved my vario now :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise