ECU Update

Maverick88

Oct 19, 2006
Devon
I've had my FR TFSI since March 07 & it will soon be going in for it's 2nd service, how do you know or find out if the ECU requires a software upgrade & if it does how it further enchance's the ECU ? just want to find out as I don't want the stealer fobbing me off.

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
Dont bother mate !!, i HAD to have a software update to try and correct an issue with the factory fit bluetooth an hours job they said no, they had it 2 days and now the bluetooth doesnt work at all iam back next week evidently they have to uninstall software and then after a 'power down' reinstall and then update, unless you are having problems leave it alone........

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I've had my FR TFSI since March 07 & it will soon be going in for it's 2nd service, how do you know or find out if the ECU requires a software upgrade & if it does how it further enchance's the ECU ? just want to find out as I don't want the stealer fobbing me off.
Had mine done before it was remapped [its a must if its an early build] should be foc if done as part of the service, my daughters Leon wasn't done during service and they charged £120.00 the upgrade mainly covers the DPF parameters I believe.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Any good dealers service department would check it at service time. The car is under warranty, and if there is an update it should be free of charge.

Fish

vivianmsh

I know this is 6 months after the post, but I've just picked up my Leon 1.6 Sport (MY07) with the bluetooth not working and they said that it would need a software update to get it to work - I just went home and checked the fuse (F9) - it was missing!!!! Have you checked yours? 5 amp blade - normal size.

On the subject of the software update - can anyone point me in the right direction on what it's about?

Cheers
Mark

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members