EGR removal

Engimaneer

The Anti-Sheep
Dec 22, 2010
Hants/Dorset
www.seatcupra.net
You can on some VAG TDI's, you reduce the EGR value to 0 and that turns it off.
Have a look on 'Ross tech Wiki' to find out how (under Mk4 golf section)

The anti shudder valve has no real purpose and horror stories of engine runaways are yet to be proven, its always 'my m8 knows someone who said....'
No-one on any of the TDI forums I know has ever had this, or any other adverse effects from removal of the ASV.

Chris****

Oct 9, 2011
Southampton
Yeah got the management light up! Oh well, just ordered the egr delete so will stick it on. Let's face it, least you can always change it back, not sure why you would want to though lol.

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
theres nothing really to be gained in removing all the small vac lines tbh. as for the anti shudder valve, I didn't notice a huge difference.

stage 1 is a generic map and is normally quite safe
stage 2 is a custom map
stage 3 now getting to the area of hybrids and b/t

Chris****

Oct 9, 2011
Southampton
On the delete pipe there is a connection that is described as Boost connection adaptor. Is the another hose that goes under the egr then? As one for the asv, and one for the egr is all I can see :blink:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
Last edited:

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
On the delete pipe there is a connection that is described as Boost connection adaptor. Is the another hose that goes under the egr then? As one for the asv, and one for the egr is all I can see :blink:

allards give you the option to run a boost guage off it mate. either use it or blank it off. All the stuff should be with it.

Chris****

Oct 9, 2011
Southampton
allards give you the option to run a boost guage off it mate. either use it or blank it off. All the stuff should be with it.

Ah brilliant :D

And one thing, but I was thinking of this ASV, and it would have to be ginge free to work anyway, and trying mine with minimal crap in there, it still would not shut completely. So the engine would still run IMO. It would stutter like hell, but would not stop. Best thing is to run :p

sc1uk

hi guys, i have a PD130 which had a vnt20 turbo and the allard egr delete, my car wasnt mapped to my turbo and my turbo overboosts breaking the seals and causing a runaway.
I had the car running away for at least 3-5 minutes till someone told me i can stall it, so i got in the car and stalled it in a high gear and it stopped the runaway. my engine survived the runaway too i simply installed a new turbo and it started first time.

sc1uk

so i wouldnt worry about the ASV just stall your engine if you ever get a runaway

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.