Eibach pro street S coilovers

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Hi,

Maybe anyone over here might be able to help me out.

Wanted to order a Eibach pro street S coiloverset today for my 08 mk2 Cupra.

Eibach first had no clue what to offers (and their website is crap).

Finally they came with two sets (both with 55 mm wide front dampers). One with a max axle load of 1103 kg and one with a max of 1170. Eibach helpdesk had no idea what they normally deliver for a cupra so told me to take the strongest to be on the save side.

( PSS65-85-001-02-22 ist the 1103, PSS65-85-001-03-22 is the stronger version)

Wasn't too happy with this info. so tried Kw (Var 1 is almost the same).
Kw told me the 1170 is for the FR TDI 170 (and probably the other 2.0 tdi versions) and told that the max 1103 kg version is the right one and the 1170 might be too stiff for the Cupra (and cause a bit more noise)

No idea which one I should order but can anybody over here tell what they fitted on their cars. (cupra has a front axle load of 1065 but this is what the factory says, might be higher in real life)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

jcp

Dec 18, 2008
Herts
I had lots of help from Roadrunner in Northampton (google and phone them) who advised me on eibach springs for my petrol Fr. The axle weights are on the underbonnet build plate!

leon_lib

seat leon FTW
Dec 22, 2008
burnley
Hi,

Maybe anyone over here might be able to help me out.

Wanted to order a Eibach pro street S coiloverset today for my 08 mk2 Cupra.

Eibach first had no clue what to offers (and their website is crap).

Finally they came with two sets (both with 55 mm wide front dampers). One with a max axle load of 1103 kg and one with a max of 1170. Eibach helpdesk had no idea what they normally deliver for a cupra so told me to take the strongest to be on the save side.

( PSS65-85-001-02-22 ist the 1103, PSS65-85-001-03-22 is the stronger version)

Wasn't too happy with this info. so tried Kw (Var 1 is almost the same).
Kw told me the 1170 is for the FR TDI 170 (and probably the other 2.0 tdi versions) and told that the max 1103 kg version is the right one and the 1170 might be too stiff for the Cupra (and cause a bit more noise)

No idea which one I should order but can anybody over here tell what they fitted on their cars. (cupra has a front axle load of 1065 but this is what the factory says, might be higher in real life)

Thanks in advance for the answers.

what kind of prices were they quoting you on the coilover sets?

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for the advice where to find the front axle weight.

between 690 Euros (somewhere where I wouldn't order), 745 Euro's on Ebay to 800 not far from me, I tend to order at the last one.

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
just a reminder Eibach only give a 1yr warranty and KW give you a 2yr warranty. Price wise they are very similar and kw offer inox finish.
These were the reasons i have KW v1's getting fitted on 20th Jan.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I had the pro kits on my Cupra and now have Sportlines. Out of the two, Sportlines ride better and the car sits better with them. If I had to choose again, I would choose Sportlines.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
thanks for the replies guys.

Ordered the PSS65-85-001-02-22 since the cupra has a front axle load of 1047 and damper diam. of 55 this should be ok.

Since we are in the EU guarantee is 2 yrs for both kw and Eibach.
Have to say that the kw info. is ways better than that of Eibach and the techteam at Eibach is rubbish (would have gone for kw if the price gap, that is over here, was a little less steep).

Mailed to dbilas today and had an answer within hours, just like it should for a firm that wants to sell.......

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
thanks for the replies guys.

Ordered the PSS65-85-001-02-22 since the cupra has a front axle load of 1047 and damper diam. of 55 this should be ok.

Since we are in the EU guarantee is 2 yrs for both kw and Eibach.
Have to say that the kw info. is ways better than that of Eibach and the techteam at Eibach is rubbish (would have gone for kw if the price gap, that is over here, was a little less steep).

Mailed to dbilas today and had an answer within hours, just like it should for a firm that wants to sell.......

hi
I'm trying to source Dbilas air intake in South Africa... do you have a contact e-mail for me please?

much appreciated:)

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Well... a dealer not too far away (in Holland that is so not much closer to South Africa) does Dbilas and offered me to fit the system and see if it brings any benefits if so I can buy it if not he'll take it back :p
He did several systems and customers are quite happy with it.
His price is o.k. (p.m. me if you want to know how much)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise