Eibach suspension on LCR

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
Just fitted Eibach pro-dampers and pro-kit springs to my lcr after removing my coilovers. Tried the springs with oe dampers and the ride was really crashy but with the Eibach dampers it is amazing. Yes i'll admit the handling isn't quite as good as my coilovers but it is still far better than standard. Car is far nicer to drive hard on really bumpy roads. :D

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
the ride quality was pretty good with the coilovers but i do quite a high mileage and got fed up with the firm ride on motorways and really bumpy country roads... thought i would try something different. The car sits higher but that doesn't really bother me. I must be getting old!!

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Just fitted Eibach pro-dampers and pro-kit springs to my lcr after removing my coilovers. Tried the springs with oe dampers and the ride was really crashy but with the Eibach dampers it is amazing. Yes i'll admit the handling isn't quite as good as my coilovers but it is still far better than standard. Car is far nicer to drive hard on really bumpy roads. :D
Sounds great neil, how much would that kit set me back.

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
I find the slow speed is good but the high speed can be very harsh on the eibach coilies.

I'm still finding i am smacking the underside/front bumper on high speed b roads.

I'm actually thinking of going the other way to a harder setup. V3 or AST or Sachs not decided yet.

Oh i think your getting old mate :lol:

neil_f225

Mar 14, 2005
I find the slow speed is good but the high speed can be very harsh on the eibach coilies.

I'm still finding i am smacking the underside/front bumper on high speed b roads.

I'm actually thinking of going the other way to a harder setup. V3 or AST or Sachs not decided yet.

Oh i think your getting old mate :lol:

I found the H&R's offered far better comfort at low to moderate speeds but were quite bumpy when driving near the cars limit on a typical country road. Maybe I was just going to fast. Haven't driven the car really hard yet with the Eibachs but the country roads I have done at moderate speed 70-80mph feel far smoother without losing too much of the body control.
I certainly wouldn't go any firmer than what you have Yumann for the roads we have here. I don't think there is any way to avoid catching the front spoiler - at least there cheap to replace.
Was going to buy Koni FSD's but I got the Eibach kit worked out cheaper as I get a discount through my work. I think usual retail is about £400 for the shocks and £150 for the springs. Definitely worth it in my opinion - Seat should have used these as standard. Will try and get some pics but the weather is terrible just now!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.