elec window probs

valverlimiter

trouble with drivers side window not going up on 97 16v. just decided to do it yesterday. goes down perfect but needs pushin up with hand to go up while pressing switch. taken door card off and cant see anything broken. motor failing or?? found a plug thats live even with ignition off in the door by the central locking mech, cant see anything to plug it into tho. dont thinks it anything to do with the window tho

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
motor tired/worn out probably - OR - runners are loose/jamming up

unclip the glass and try sliding it up 'n' down to see if it run's freely and check runner's are not loose or something daft like that

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
its the runners you'll have to adjust the glass manually till u get it spot on just done it myself its a t**t

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
i'd be swapping switches first, nice & simple before taking door apart.
pass side on mine would go down but not up, contacts in switch dirty, now working ok

Bentley1989

Mk2 Ibiza 1.4s
Dec 18, 2007
Hartlepool
its probs the cable starting to frey when its going over the runner things... mine was doing this and ended up snapping. try what other people have said too about the switches and adjusting the window etc but these are known for breaking, well the cable snapping or the little clips that hold the metal grips that hold the window on snapping off too

hope this helps matey

valverlimiter

had another look at it at work and found the window loose on one end. the clip had broken.
done a cheap fix by drillin through other clip and runner and cable tiein it! works a treat!:D thanks everyone for help

j.cavo

8 valves of pure power
Aug 6, 2009
Liverpool
right ive got to bring this thread back to life does anybody know the part number for the black plastic slider/clip which holds the window in place and moves it???

thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.