Electric folding mirrors driver mirror folds too far out!

deadphill

Feb 7, 2008
Hi Guys

This is a very weird one.

I have an Ibiza FR which has the "luxury" pack fitted, meaning I get folding mirrors.

The only problem is that it has just picked up a fault, so that when you fold the mirrors out, the left side one is fine but my one bends back out too far. The only way I can liken this is to stretch out your arm from the elbow as far as you can, then dislocate your elbow and move it back even further.

Its really bizarre and I was hoping someone might have had this fault and/or might be able to tell me how this can be fixed?

Cheers

Phill

Davidsr

PD 172
Mar 13, 2009
Blackpool
I had this fault on my passenger side one.
I sort of fixed it by bending the mirror all the way to the folded in position, and then twisted the dial to fold the other mirror in, seemed to click in back into place and was fine for another couple of months but then started doing it again.
In end had to get dealer to fix it but it was warranty work so couldn't say what the cost is, but don't think it'd be cheap.

deadphill

Feb 7, 2008
Thanks mate:lol:

Worked a treat. Now lets hope mine is more of a permanent fix than yours! Esp as mine is 3 years old and just passed the 100k mark!

Cheers

Phill

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site
Happened to mine last year. Dealer changed the switch as a resistor or capacitor had gone in it?

Out of interest, when you twist the dial to unfold your mirrors do the unfold immediately?
I'm sure mine did before they replaced the switch. Now i turn the dial and it's about 5 seconds before the mirrors unfold! Sounds very little, but bloody annoying sometimes.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise