Electrical problems with my Seat Altea XL

Aug 4, 2022
Hi, my right hand side registration light is not working along with my left break light, rear wiper or any of my cigarette lighters in the car I have checked all bulbs and fuses to no avail is there anything else I can try or do I need to give in and take it to an auto electrician?
TIA

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi, my right hand side registration light is not working along with my left break light, rear wiper or any of my cigarette lighters in the car I have checked all bulbs and fuses to no avail is there anything else I can try or do I need to give in and take it to an auto electrician?
TIA
What year is it and are the duff lights in question in the tailgate ?

Tell

Staff member
TIA
When I had mine it started to do weird things. The headlights were on when turned off on the switch. It lasted for a few days. The garage indicated that the electrics control unit can do this. Before I could take it in for it's high cost inspection the issue went away by itself so I just left it. Another time it refused to start, no turn over. That fixed itself 🙄. Could have been dampness... saying that not much rain about for you. Think the control unit on the electrical side throws wobbles which are difficult to diagnose... The words of the garage at the time hence the +£100 cost they wanted at the time. Probably primitive integrated circuits / relays... pass.

Tell

Staff member
(I'd say the problematic duff electric control unit that was suppose to be in the Altea... I had mine for 13 years, it only played up twice, the AC would stop working but you pulled fuse and pushed it back in to fix that under the wheel that's different to the control unit that had a mind of its own at times... not a bad car thou. Sport seats were very comfortable)

Aug 4, 2022
Ooohhhh .... Is it worth changing all bulbs then see if that solves the problem? I fid have the AA come and have a look but he said there was no power actually going to the light

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Yes they are
then I suspect there is a break in the wiring between the body of the car into the tailgate, open the tailgate and have a look towards the top near the hinge and you will find a rubber boot, where it attaches to the metal work pull the rubber out
and have a look at the wiring, I suspect you will find some broken wires