Electronic Handbrake Fault?

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
I was driving around on Friday night, had done about 50 miles and pulled over to stop for 15 minutes. After having pulled in I turned the car off and then switched the ignition back on. After about 5 minutes 'Electronic Handbrake Fault' appeared on the dash and it also said 'auto hold unavailable'. I turned the ignition off and turned the car back on and the warning had gone and it hasn't come back since. The car is due its 3rd year service and first MOT in a few weeks with the warranty expiring soon so this has concerned me as the usual dealership wont look into it during the service unless the error is present on the day. Anyone had anything similar happen or any advice?

Thanks.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It should of thrown a fault code which will of been logged and will be visible with a scan from and obdII reader. Should point out the issue.

Reactions: iScoTT29

iScoTT29

May 18, 2017
It should of thrown a fault code which will of been logged and will be visible with a scan from and obdII reader. Should point out the issue.
That's good to hear. I'll make sure the dealership scan the car during the service. Would be a nightmare if there was an issue just after the warranty expired.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members