Emissions recall 'insurance' policy

gray1978

Nov 12, 2015
Has anyone who's had the emissions recall work done received a letter from Seat regarding potential goodwill payments for any future issues with certain elements of the emissions system?

I had the recall work done probably 6-9 months ago and shortly after started to get the various warning lights to do with EGR / DPF issues. I wasn't particularly bothered about this, these lights have been on and off for the last two years and I had a new EGR about 18 months ago (fitted by an independent, I don't have a great deal of confidence in my dealer for various reasons). However, about 4 weeks ago the warning lights were on permanently and I decided probably best to take back to my independent garage who diagnosed a duff DPF pressure sensor which was replaced and also had to have an emergency DPF regen done, total cost about £180.

I'd just written this off as running expenses but now the above letter from Seat has arrived I'm thinking it may be worth trying to claim. It's a long shot as I've used an independent for the pressure sensor, but surely there is a question of timing here? If I'd received the above letter prior to my recent DPF issues I'd have been straight back to the dealer (as they're now starting to admit there may be problems with the recall). Any advice on how to proceed?

Alan Kyp

Old Farts ****
Feb 15, 2014
Cornwall
VW are doing this as well as I had a full refund in October after having the software fix my Egr failed. But you need to have had the vehicle fully serviced to qualify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise