Emmer Green - Reading

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I had my car booked in to change the brake discs & pads. They also wanted to change the brake servo hose as this needed replacing.

They were friendly & chatty in there. The brakes, discs & fluids were changed no fuss along with my wipers.

I also asked them to check my fuel gauge problem as my gauge was always showing empty.

Anyway went to pick it up, Brake servo hose wasn't changed - this was due to the guy marking it down as a LEON Cupra R not an Ibiza so it had be taken back again.

It also had to go back to rectify the fuel problem, apparently was a fuel sender pipe & they didn't have it in.

Took it back to get changed, Brake servo done but now turns out its not the fuel pipe causing me a probably its the dash.

So now the car has to stay overnight to get a new dash in.

I went back the next day, they quoted me a price on the phone & it was good to see when I got there that the price hadn't jumped up.

Car works perfectly now & they were very apologetic about keeping it overnight.

Overall I thought they were good & would use them again.

Just little things that bug me about dealers, I asked the guy if they did the O.Z Racing transfers for my super T alloys.

He said "I'm going to find out for you & call you as soon as I know".

Here we are 2 weeks later & no phone call, these little things make the difference between a good company & a very good company.

Didn't find them as bad as some of the reviews say, But if it don't involve a lot of money, they don't seem that interested.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the brake servo pipe on the Ibiza Mk3 is a recall replacement (no cost to customer) so make sure they're not charging you.

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
the brake servo pipe on the Ibiza Mk3 is a recall replacement (no cost to customer) so make sure they're not charging you.

No it was done free of charge, The problem was it was marked as a Leon Cupra R so they thought they only needed to check it.

Once it came in they realised it was an ibiza & had to order the part in.

I dont know how they marked it as a Leon because I specifically said it was an Ibiza.

Maybe they just heard cupra r & thought Leon?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members