Emotion Red or Black Magic FR?

SecretWeapon

Jun 29, 2009
Well, my heart's set on an FR and my wallet is just about agreeing with my intentions! I'm not sure whether to go for a 'Emotion Red' or 'Black Magic' finish though.

I'm sure that black is the more popular option, will it make any difference to the resale price?

Who prefers red/black here?

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
I haven't seen a lot of reds around here to be honest, seen blacks around here and around my town. They're nice.

Which do you prefer more?

Apr 23, 2010
Here
Black is a pain to keep clean, although I have a black FR I would go for the red given the choice again.

louismex

Well, my heart's set on an FR and my wallet is just about agreeing with my intentions! I'm not sure whether to go for a 'Emotion Red' or 'Black Magic' finish though.

I'm sure that black is the more popular option, will it make any difference to the resale price?

Who prefers red/black here?

I vote for emotion red , a black car its very difficult to keep it clean !

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
had this same problem myself when ordering my FR.whilst it may be a pain in the arse to clean i reckon that black suits the silver mirrors next.Just my opinion of course

swampy06

swamps
May 21, 2010
Canterbury
i say red a very well polished red car looks amazing :), and just change the mirror caps to the black ones their 15ish each soo nt expensive and take 2 minutes to change :) .

dellaFR

Oct 16, 2010
Oxfordshire
Black is a pain to keep clean, although I have a black FR I would go for the red given the choice again.

Agreed about black being a pain to keep clean, but when it's shiny it looks sooo good, haha! :D
I think given the chance to choose again i might go for red too, but then i don't know if it'd look as good!

I say go for black. There's something about it that looks awesome, (but maybe not so much when it's dirty, haha)

Beenz

Sep 4, 2010
Chips n ham Wiltshire
Go for a black one, I like to be in the minority with a red one.

Seriously though, the red will "seem" to stay cleaner for a lot longer than black, but a well cleaned black car looks fantastic.

Apr 23, 2010
Here
had this same problem myself when ordering my FR.whilst it may be a pain in the arse to clean i reckon that black suits the silver mirrors next.Just my opinion of course

My silver ones were removed at the earliest opportunity, replaced with black and looks much better ;)

£15 for the mirror caps? i thought they were about £70?

Got mine for £12 for the pair :) Liverpool SEAT on here were having a clear out of old stock, sold me some Mk5 covers cheap. When they arrived they were Mk4, swapped them for Mk5 for the same price :D

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Also a good thing to point out is how stretched your wallet is on this already. red is £400 of those hard earned shiney things cheaper

Generic

2010 Ibiza FR 2.0 TDi
Nov 16, 2009
Grantham
I have my FR in Emotion Red... LOVE IT :D. Definitely a head-turning colour. I don't like black because everyone else on the planet either has a silver, black or blue car. In my eyes, they are the most boring colours available (no offence black car drivers :p).

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
I was tempted by the track grey myself.still went for black though.just out of interest what body style/engine are you going for?

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
SHHHHH dont be telling me that!!! ive stuck with black!! didnt want to lose out on my half vat deal and the stealer said it wouldnt be applicable if i changed it to grey