End of lease inspection

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Hi
Can anyone advise on the hand back when Seat finance lease ends. Was it straight forward without and snags "hidden" costs from the independent inspection BCA I think ?

Maybe just nervous having had experience of hire car hand backs years ago with charges for micro scratches :)

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
The good guy was expected to bring back in good nick so a ‘lesser’ recce might be carried out rather than an depth examination of someone who appears not to give a sh*t.

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Give it a good clean inside and out. If it looks like it’s been cared for you stand a better chance of less charges. My golf had about 5 or 6 dings - no charge. Front wheels slightly scuffed but within the mm allowed - no charge. Rear bumper had paint removed from a Spanish ‘bump to park’ - no charge. Front bumper had scuffs from another careless parker - I was quoted £240 by a vw approved - bca charge £135.
Not all the assessors are bad. I was happy to sign for the front bumper damage, if you are not happy with the damage report don’t sign it. If you believe you’ve been overcharged then you can appeal later.

Oldboy racer

Apr 18, 2017
Glasgow
Give it a good clean inside and out. If it looks like it’s been cared for you stand a better chance of less charges. My golf had about 5 or 6 dings - no charge. Front wheels slightly scuffed but within the mm allowed - no charge. Rear bumper had paint removed from a Spanish ‘bump to park’ - no charge. Front bumper had scuffs from another careless parker - I was quoted £240 by a vw approved - bca charge £135.
Not all the assessors are bad. I was happy to sign for the front bumper damage, if you are not happy with the damage report don’t sign it. If you believe you’ve been overcharged then you can appeal later.

I have so far managed less in way of dings from what you have mentioned so hopefully ok. Hold old was your car.
Mine was 3 years on June. I mentioned a large stone chip to dealer but they said certain amount is allowed for age of car.
Did have a graze on rim of wheel but wet n dry plus polish and lacquer will hopefully ok

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
I have so far managed less in way of dings from what you have mentioned so hopefully ok. Hold old was your car.
Mine was 3 years on June. I mentioned a large stone chip to dealer but they said certain amount is allowed for age of car.
Did have a graze on rim of wheel but wet n dry plus polish and lacquer will hopefully ok

Golf was 3 years old with 45k miles. I suppose this also swayed what would be classed as acceptable
Reads as though you’ve done your best to keep it clean.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise