Engine bay and interior cleaning

jonnyblease

Jul 27, 2009
I have just bought a mk3 Ibiza Cupra and although im pretty clued up on paintwork detailling however...

I have never had a forced induction car and I usually snow foam the engine bay while it is running on my old cars and then use a brush to irritate dirt and then rinse. Is this any different for a turbo car is there any dangers of doing this on a 1.8t cupra.

Also the seats are looking abit tired around the bolsters (leather) whats the best product to use to clean these up abit i am aware im not going to get them back to new but i have heard some products can supple the leather up abit and reduce creases in the leather!?

Thanks

Jonny

flak monkey

Liquid leather is the stuff to use on leather seats. They can colour match any leather. They also do some very good feeds

http://www.liquidleather.com/

I have used it to restore seats in several cassics now and they come up brilliantly. Time consuming though.

The best thing to do is call them and explain what you want to do and they will advise the best products. Essentially you will need some dye, some feed and cleaner.

David

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Personally i wouldnt touch an engine bay with a jet wash etc

I use the autoglym degreeser
Spray, Leave, Scrub

Then rinse/wipe of and it comes up really well

Im guessing having a turbo wouldnt make a difference as long as the electrics are covered up?

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
cover up the battery, coils and any visible electrics / sensors with cling film.

spray the engine with degreaser or all purpose cleaner, agitate this with brushes and then with the engine running spray clean with the jet wash or hose. be careful not to spend too much time spraying one area. drop the bonnet down and run the engine for 10 - 15 minutes, the heat of the engine will dry most of the excess water away. Running the engine just stops any water from settling on the belts etc and stops it soaking in anywhere.

once the engine is dry, spray with something like aerospace protectant 303 or CG's bare bones (which i am loving on engine bays at the moment), drop the bonnet again, leave for another 5 minutes and then wipe over the areas you sprayed the dressing on.

finished !

heres one we did earlier ;)

vRSEngine.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.