Engine cover Gone !

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
I've just stumbled across this thread and am pleased to read it.

About a month ago, I traded in a two year old '70’ plate CUPRA Ateca VZ1, with engine cover, for a '23' plate CUPRA Ateca VZ2, without engine cover.

The (Skoda) Dealer who I was dealing with explained it was a VAG wide issue. I tried to put the cover from my VZ1 onto the VZ2 but the fitting points were in different places and it wouldn't go on.

I think I'll be having a word with my CUPRA dealer. 😉 😉

Guy

Sent from my XQ-BQ52 using Tapatalk

Chris1989

Jan 13, 2023
Just phoned my local dealer, got the car going in for the 1940 update and going to get parts to get me a engine cover for the aim to fit it on Friday as well for me.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn
Nov 29, 2022
For those who have managed to order the new engine cover, should it be free of charge (I believe it was originally subject of a recall so should be)?

Also, I assume it just ‘pushes’ into place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
For those who have managed to order the new engine cover, should it be free of charge (I believe it was originally subject of a recall so should be)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having mine fitted Tomorrow morning - will report back with real life facts 👍

But to the best of my knowledge it does pop on 😁

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
Good Free Coffee at Snows 👍🙂

Attachments

• 20230929_080725.jpg
    20230929_080725.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 74

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Just spoke to Crewe Cupra and they stated that i have to wait for a recall notice direct from Cupra to get this fitted???.
Have other people been able to order the part or did they have to wait for a recall notice/letter from cupra?

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021

Sent from my iPhone
Just spoke to Crewe Cupra and they stated that i have to wait for a recall notice direct from Cupra to get this fitted???.
Have other people been able to order the part or did they have to wait for a recall notice/letter from cupra?
Will get mine fitted tomorrow, no issues booking it at all. They just need to look for it in their system…

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
They did say that they checked on the system and couldn't fit one to mine
My vehicle is a vz2 310 23 plate
Are they fitting only by batches on chassis number do you think?

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
Not sure but it’s strange if they can’t find it. Mine is a 310 MY2022.
Can you book service online?
If so then do it without actually completing the booking. The booking (I’m in Sweden) system displayed something like ”There’s a technical upgrade for your car” and that was the engine cover. Then I called them and they service guy didn’t even know about the original recall…until he actually looked for it…took 30 sec.
I’m assuming that authorized dealers have this information. Try calling another dealer just to get a second opinion.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
I was met initially with a "nope, haven't heard of it" so I gently guided the very helpful service chap through the history...

Cupra campaign to order engine covers to be removed in case they come loose and get set on fire by the turbo.

Ffwd to now 5996 engine covers in stock - Cupra Campaign to put revised engine covers back on.

• part number 06Q103925L (for engines with power output less than 180kw) is a foam type cover with reinforced mounting points
  • part number 06Q103925N (for engines with power output 180kw or more) is a hard plastic cover.
Ask for a second opinion from another dealer.

And Hey Presto - Your engine bay could look like mine 😁 in a week or two 😉

Attachments

• 20230929_084344.jpg
    20230929_084344.jpg
    612.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Reactions: LetsForment

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
It's not a recall, it's a CUPRA campaign.

No paperwork needed (For me at least) about the only info I gave em was my number plate.

Mine is a 21 plate 310.

Bahnstormer_vRS

Oct 28, 2021
I believe so.

I popped into my UK dealer yesterday and was politely told not yet available for my 23 plate Ateca.

They're currently working through Formentor and Arona, and I should get a letter from Cupra when my VIN comes up.

I'll have to wait and see.

Guy

Sent from my Galaxy S23 Ultra using Tapatalk

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
I got my engine cover fitted today. No paperwork needed only had to return the old cover which I had removed. The part number for my year 2021 VZ3 310 is 06Q103925N. Now the engine bay looks proper.

Attachments

• 20231004_174233.jpg
    20231004_174233.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 112

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Ive had it confirmed from Cupra UK that the engine covers are being released in batches depending on your chassis number. They are working their way through them and the dealer should contact you when yours is due.
I dont hold much hope for my local dealer so ill be contacting them again in a few months time to see if anything has changed.

Mar 17, 2023
I have New engine cover esterday to my Cupra Formentor VZ 310hp, this in Finland!
But i wondered why it took 1,5 hour to installed it?
Does it feel like there is some soft "fabric" underneath? Outwardly, it looks the same as the old one removed.

Wyld Stallyn

Mar 10, 2022
I have New engine cover esterday to my Cupra Formentor VZ 310hp, this in Finland!
But i wondered why it took 1,5 hour to installed it?
Does it feel like there is some soft "fabric" underneath? Outwardly, it looks the same as the old one removed.
Hey Japi,

The cover just clicks on and off.

I was gone in sub 43mins.

Booked in specifically as 1st job of the day.

AntoniosL

Sep 30, 2021
Yes, the cover just clicks on. It is a matter of seconds. The whole process took 40 minutes in my case which involved their bureaucracy and, happy to say, a dealer approved engine wash at no extra cost.
The new cover for the VZ310 is hard plastic with soft insulation material underneath; looks exactly the same with the old one but is is not; material and connection points are totally different.

Attachments

• 20231007_131349.jpg
    20231007_131349.jpg
    457.9 KB · Views: 89
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise