Engine cover Gone !

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Is it rocket science to give us a engine cover? What is the problem here I am surprised I did not get a new one when they did took mine in. Is it economical you think? Do you think we ever get a new engine cover?
No, it’s not rocket science but I dare say Cupra, Seat and the wider VAG have bigger, more pressing issues to address (e.g. excessively long lead times, ongoing software issues), so in the grand scheme of things replacement engine covers are probably considered to be low priority.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Is it rocket science to give us a engine cover? What is the problem here I am surprised I did not get a new one when they did took mine in. Is it economical you think? Do you think we ever get a new engine cover?
The fact is that the same cover is fitted on many vag group cars, into hundreds of thousands, and all of them have been recalled or never been placed from factory, to replace them all it would be costly so as long as the cover is not vital to car's performance or functions it is not a priority for them and the way it goes I don't know if it will ever be. Thats why I decided to get the L one and pay it out of my pocket as I didn't like the look of the engine bay without it and also hate all the dust and dirt that accumulates on the compartment that the engine cover covers and never knew if all that would at some time affect all the wiring/connections that are there.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I read on one of the VW forums that the revised engine cover with part number 06Q 103 925 L is only suitable for cars where the engine power is not more than 180kW.

@pkaps; assuming the above is correct and also assuming your car is as per your forum signature - a VZ310 - then your engine’s power output is 310ps / 228kW. As per your post #79 in this discussion thread, that probably explains why 06Q 103 925 L isn’t categorised as a replacement for your car and the friendly advice given by the service manager was to not fit the cover yet.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
I read on one of the VW forums that the revised engine cover with part number 06Q 103 925 L is only suitable for cars where the engine power is not more than 180kW.

@pkaps; assuming the above is correct and also assuming your car is as per your forum signature - a VZ310 - then your engine’s power output is 310ps / 228kW. As per your post #79 in this discussion thread, that probably explains why 06Q 103 925 L isn’t categorised as a replacement for your car and the friendly advice given by the service manager was to not fit the cover yet.
To order the part I had to give them the vin no of my car, that's the way it goes with serious dealers, you don't just walk in and get any part by its serial no unless it's matched to your vin no and that's what respectable dealers should do to private customers. Yes, mine is the 310 hp (228 kw) vz and as far as I know this engine cover fits various vag 2.0 lt tsi engines, mine for sure according to my dealer. The service manager whom I personally know has given me the advice because there is not as yet a replacement order and not because the cover is not suited for my engine. So far and after more than 4000 km the cover is rock solid in its place.

Aleko

Feb 6, 2023
Let's just be clear the recall is on the plastic cover having only eye-pleasing function, anyone missing actual sound insulation cover under the bonnet is definitely dealing with different problem!
This is not true, in a 90s car maybe. Today they pump it full of electronics, the engine cover has real purpose of blocking dust and water. In 5 years when your warrenty runs out the issues will start trust me

Mar 17, 2023
Just contacted my dealer and asked for the engine cover part 069Q103925L which fits my VZ (also fits few other 2.0 lt tsi VAG cars), they had 3 in stock so I ordered one, it goes for 135 eur. I will try to have it fitted for free as it was missing from my car when delivered , if not I will ask for a good discount, any way I hope that this will put an end to my naked engine.

Mar 17, 2023
Just contacted my dealer and asked for the engine cover part 069Q103925L which fits my VZ (also fits few other 2.0 lt tsi VAG cars), they had 3 in stock so I ordered one, it goes for 135 eur. I will try to have it fitted for free as it was missing from my car when delivered , if not I will ask for a good discount, any way I hope that this will put an end to my naked engine.
HELLO
In which country did you get the new Engine Cover, I live in Finland and here the importer doesn´t know anything about it?
Yours Jari
[email protected]

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
I'm in Greece, don't know if its the new cover, all I know is it was matched to my vin no by the dealer so I went ahead and bought it. No problem so far, keeps a lot of dust away from the engine top and wiring. It is not a snap on fit, you have to play around a bit and apply some pressure when in place. Its out of a hardened foamy material and that makes it kind of wiggly when trying to fit it, has no bolts or anything, it kind of wears like a wig!:LOL:

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I contacted Cupra Sweden again and asked them to check the status of the replacement engine cover with the factory which they did.

Today I received the following reply:

”We have now investigated your question again and we have received an answer from the factory. The enhanced engine cover for your car is currently being prepared. The factory preliminary estimates that it will be ready within the next few months. Your Cupra dealer will contact you when it’s available.”

VZ 310, MY2022

Reactions: Fencer60

Desformentor

Mar 30, 2023
Ok so had car in dock recently for oil leak (second E888 engine with oil leak) anyway awaiting to take it back to them so they can use oil leak detection spray on it !
for the past few days i thought the car sounded noisier than usual ,not the quietest engine as it is.so i popped the bonnet and no engine cover !
i rang the stealers to ask and the service department said they would look into where it had gone and call me back immediately.
i waited 40 mins and nothing so called back and got the service manager he told me they had to remove it and i could not have it back as there was a recall on them.i asked why i was not told this he could not answer ,i said i wanted to go and collect it he said i was not allowed due to the recall,SEAT are looking into redesigning it so it is safe ,so be aware if you take your car in with the E888 engine the dealer will take the cover .apparently if they are not correctly fitted they can fall back onto the turbo and catch fire.
this is apparently affecting the whole of the VAG group with this issue .eventually they will be replaced ...........i reckon at least a year ,so now my noisey engined Formentor sounds even more like a bag of spanners .i hate this car more every week,,,,,,,last week all the display went black even the cockpit display ,,,,,maybe it would have been kinder to let the bloody thing burn to death whilst i watched for 30 mins until i knew it was dead and then rang the fire brigade.:rolleyes:
Mine came without one. Noisy. I love driving mine but the infopainment system makes me wish it would combust overnight. It’s just a huge buttonless pile of dogwank.

• Haha
Reactions: Richiepoos

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Infotainment system seems awkward at first, takes some time to get used to it but after a while its just fine and I love the fact that I dont have any buttons or knobs anywhere. Anyhow its just 3-4 functions that we use daily, radio (which after storing the stations is easy go) , AC (which is always on AUTO so I don't ever bother adjusting), AUTO START/STOP and Lane Assist (which is the only one it bothers me as I have to disengage it every time, takes 3 steps on the screen), android auto and thats it! Its all about getting used to it and then its a piece of cake and I'm over 60! Havent had any glitches for some time now as well, without any updating, so all good and the car is totally problem free for a year and 30 k km. Engine cover is a must though, keeps a lot of dust and whatever else out of the wiring and sensors that are on top the engine body.

Reactions: Seastormer

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Looks like there may be some good news for owners without engine covers - see below for the content of a recent post (reproduced in italicised text) on golfmk8.com forum by forum member @Massimo 2323 on that forum on Tues 12/09/2023.

Aside from the visual differences in design of the underside of the two types of engine cover, other differences are;
  • part number 06Q103925L (for engines with power output less than 180kw) is a foam type cover with reinforced mounting points
  • part number 06Q103925N (for engines with power output 180kw or more) is a hard plastic cover.
There are some forum members on golfgtiforum.co.uk whose dealers have checked on availability of the covers and they are apparently on back order - presumably the initial production run was insufficient to satisfy demand.

So as things appear to be moving in the right direction with VW, it might be worth checking with Cupra / Seat dealers on the engine cover situation for your cars🤞.

Copy post from golfmk8.com forum;
‘In Germany it seems the latest Golf 8 GTI/R coming out of the factory have the new engine cover installed. Also in the last week those with the 10H9 recall are getting the new cover installed.
Here are some photos of the 2 engine covers listed in the recall.
On the left side of each photo you have the part number 06Q103925L (less then 180KW) and on the right you have 06Q103925N (180KW or more):’

Cover-1.jpg Cover-2.jpg
Cover-3.jpg

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
06Q103925L was given by my dealer according to my vin number for my 310 hp vz, and have no issues since putting it on. Maybe this 06Q103925N is an updated version but the L version was for higher output engines as well, maybe the new one is of a different material that is not flammable at all.

John Wick

May 12, 2022
Looks like there may be some good news for owners without engine covers - see below for the content of a recent post (reproduced in italicised text) on golfmk8.com forum by forum member @Massimo 2323 on that forum on Tues 12/09/2023.

Aside from the visual differences in design of the underside of the two types of engine cover, other differences are;
  • part number 06Q103925L (for engines with power output less than 180kw) is a foam type cover with reinforced mounting points
  • part number 06Q103925N (for engines with power output 180kw or more) is a hard plastic cover.
There are some forum members on golfgtiforum.co.uk whose dealers have checked on availability of the covers and they are apparently on back order - presumably the initial production run was insufficient to satisfy demand.

So as things appear to be moving in the right direction with VW, it might be worth checking with Cupra / Seat dealers on the engine cover situation for your cars🤞.

Copy post from golfmk8.com forum;
‘In Germany it seems the latest Golf 8 GTI/R coming out of the factory have the new engine cover installed. Also in the last week those with the 10H9 recall are getting the new cover installed.
Here are some photos of the 2 engine covers listed in the recall.
On the left side of each photo you have the part number 06Q103925L (less then 180KW) and on the right you have 06Q103925N (180KW or more):’

Cover-1.jpg Cover-2.jpg
Cover-3.jpg
Just spoke to my dealership, part is arriving on Thursday.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I just booked my car for the engine cover replacement next week, no discussions since they could see it in their system.

VZ 310.

Reactions: Wyld Stallyn

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
Got Foxi (VZ3 310) booked in for fitting 180kw + engine cover 06Q103925N next Friday morning 👍😎😁

It's a CUPRA programme so no warranty or money required 🙂

There are er i mean were 4000 high power covers in stock, now there are 3997 now Mr Wick, Hampa and myself have availed ourselves. 😁

Thank you everyone for keeping em peeled and sharing the info 👍

Wyld Stallyn

Be Excellent To Each Other and... Party On Dudes!
Mar 10, 2022
My Local CUPRA Dealer Snows didn't know ow't about it until I called them, so don't expect a call anytime soon 😕

A pro-active friendly approach and a little patience may also be required 👍🙂

It worked for me 😁👍

Engine Cover On Dudes 😎

Reactions: Bahnstormer_vRS

Cupra306Form

Sep 24, 2023
If they are required to remove it, what would you expect them to do? They probably can't let the vehicle leave the premises without completing what is due related to the recall. Yes, it might not be as pretty and is an inconvenience, albeit minor, but I'd rather get it removed to prevent the fire hazard than kick up a fuss like a little girl at starbucks who did not get enough choco sprinkles on her latte. If you asked them to get you a bonnet insulation instead, they would probably get one for you for free.
:ROFLMAO:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise