Engine cover Gone !

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
View attachment 32930

Part number on mine, 06Q 103 925 L

Edit: Just seen on the VWROC forum that the new cover has white plastic inserts. I didn’t pay that close attention so will have another look, but I think you might be able to see one in the above photo.
My part number certainly lines up with the new part number posted on VWROC.
Looks like it may of been an original and ground down and re-stamped after modification.

Maybe why they are pinching them all and re using them

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
Still makes me giggle that people actually think there will be "replacements"...

Maybe history will prove me wrong but I doubt it: we will never get our engines re-covered by the dealers.

(Mine was taken a few months ago)

Just hope they are being responsibly disposed of and not going to landfill. Doubt it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: butterycrumpet

Hizzards

Aug 19, 2021
So all the drama and moaning was, surprise surprise, over nothing. I am shocked. Shocked.

deveh

Dec 5, 2021
Lithuania
So all the drama and moaning was, surprise surprise, over nothing. I am shocked. Shocked.

Some 16 year old or 45 year old with serious case of middle age crisis got to flex his IQ by comming up with "stealers" word... play... for "dealers" and crying over and over again, so that was nice.

Reactions: Hizzards

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My Leon came with no cover from new (May 2022) I only noticed it was missing after getting home, so phoned the dealer and that's when I was told about the recall. Still not heard if or when it will be replaced.:(

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I haven’t even looked yet🤣🤣🤣🤣

Engine cover issue aside, the bonnet is lifted up on any new car I buy on day-one of ownership as I like to have a look in the engine compartment in its new, pristine state.

The bonnet on my car also gets opened pretty frequently;
  1. every time I wash the car so I can dry around it’s edges, along where the front wings are bolted to the inner wings, along the windscreen scuttle panel and the panel above the radiator grille
  2. for regular checking of under-bonnet fluid levels; l like to be proactive rather than reactive and know in advance if anything needs topping up / if there are any signs of leaks rather than wait for a warning lamp to tell me something needs topping up when I’m not in a position to - e.g. mid journey.
With a previous car, I once found a screwdriver left in the engine compartment by a garage tech - that could’ve potentially caused damage if it had become dislodged from where it’d been left and I’d not have known it was there if I didn’t regularly open the bonnet. I’ve also had the engine cover not pushed back securely on its mounting studs after a service (sorry, not ‘rubbing salt into the wound’ of anyone whose Formentor is without an engine cover!).

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Just contacted my dealer and asked for the engine cover part 069Q103925L which fits my VZ (also fits few other 2.0 lt tsi VAG cars), they had 3 in stock so I ordered one, it goes for 135 eur. I will try to have it fitted for free as it was missing from my car when delivered , if not I will ask for a good discount, any way I hope that this will put an end to my naked engine.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Just contacted my dealer and asked for the engine cover part 069Q103925L which fits my VZ (also fits few other 2.0 lt tsi VAG cars), they had 3 in stock so I ordered one, it goes for 135 eur. I will try to have it fitted for free as it was missing from my car when delivered , if not I will ask for a good discount, any way I hope that this will put an end to my naked engine.
If this is the new updated cover to replace the removed one re the recall, then you should get it fitted free.

Reactions: Fencer60

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Didn't ask if its the updated version, I assume it is as it would not be wise to still have in stock and offer the old version which is recalled. Well, it doesn't hurt to ask anyway! I will definitely try to have it fitted for free no matter what, although it seems the local dealer is not really following up on the recall.

Oceanic

May 25, 2021
I did notice when I did open up my hood some days ago my cover is gone I think they did removed it to "fix" the cover related problem... which I got letters from the dealer it needs to get into the car shop... if this was their solution why did they have to waste my time on this solution when I could just throw it in the trash myself... anyway... is there a new version of this which I could install ?

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
06Q 103 925 L seems to be either the replacement part or updated part, this is the one I got and put on, fits tight and nice, got to give them also your vin no. to be on the safe side as I did with mine.

Hampa1

Mar 23, 2021
I did notice when I did open up my hood some days ago my cover is gone I think they did removed it to "fix" the cover related problem... which I got letters from the dealer it needs to get into the car shop... if this was their solution why did they have to waste my time on this solution when I could just throw it in the trash myself... anyway... is there a new version of this which I could install ?
No official replacement available yet according to Cupra Sweden last time I checked at least. I asked about the ”L” version mentioned above but they told me it’s not a replacement unfortunately. Can’t hurt if you ask them too.
Sounds good if it fits but probably on you if something happens. I read that some members here paid for a new cover, it should be for free if it’s a replacement.

Reactions: Seastormer

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Apparently the L is not categorized as a replacement but the dealer sells it. Since they sell it it means that it poses no hazzard and they should take full responsibility if something happens, although so far it seems rock solid. When I got mine, other than a verbal advice by the service manager on a friendly chat not to put it on as yet, there was not an official warning or written note from the parts counter when getting it, it would seem awkward to sell you something and at the same time to warn you against using it! Had to pay for it too, so I'm sure if anything happens, which I doubt, they are fully responsible.

Oceanic

May 25, 2021
Is it rocket science to give us a engine cover? What is the problem here I am surprised I did not get a new one when they did took mine in. Is it economical you think? Do you think we ever get a new engine cover?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.