engine cover

trevor4049

Nov 3, 2021
just collected my new Cupra Formentor 2 Ltr 190.
on inspection at the dealers I noticed the engine didn't look right what it was is there was know engine cover.
I as the dealer to explain.
1. all new 2 Ltr models will have know engine.
2. removed in production they didn't know why.
3. there will be a re-call to add the new engine cover.
they said I will get a re-call vir the App, as anyone else had this happen

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
There are concerns that the cover can become detached and drop on to hot items ( turbo ) with a possibility of a fire starting.

The recall is a known thing.
For now they are just removing the cover.

As said - they will supply a new cover when they are available.

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
Hi
I picked my 190V2 last week and same no engine cover.
I also noticed that there is no sound deadening material on the underside of the bonnet either, does anyone have this at all? I'd be curious to know if certain specs have one fitted. It does appear that there are location holes for one to be clipped on.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
It's on the VZ2 310 if that helps. You could order one for the 310 if you really wanted it.

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
It's on the VZ2 310 if that helps. You could order one for the 310 if you really wanted it.
Thanks for confirming. I spoke to the dealership and they couldn't see the cover listed either under my reg or as a generic Formentor search (very odd). The only thing they mentioned was the rubber strips which are mounted on the bonnet.

I will have to do some digging and see if I can find a part number.

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
You just need a reg plate from a VZ 310 and they should be able to find it for you.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Still got my engine cover here for the 2.0 190 engine

Part number moulded in to it is 06Q 103 925 K

Last edited:

sven7

Apr 19, 2004
North West
No - I thought he wanted the engine cover part no.
Miss read the post.
Hi, sorry if I confused things, the engine cover itself I know is currently being removed for safety reasons, I was then wondering about the sound deadening cover which fits directly to the underside of the bonnet which I don't have either. See attached picture of one I found a with it fitted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-210137_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-210137_Chrome.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 602
Reactions: DEAN0
Apr 22, 2022
I have had the engine cover removed from my recently purchased VZ3 and I am not happy at all. The dealer tried to tell me the engine cover was for "aesthetic purposes". I had to laugh. No end date given for a replacement to be fitted. My biggest concern is contamination for the exposed parts.

I would encourage anyone who reads this post and has had their engine cover removed, to keep pressure on your dealer and CUPRA to get a fix in place without delay. Only applied pressure by the many, will ensure this sorry episode for the VW Group gets confined to history.

Put this episode together with the sat nav which has not worked on the car since day one, along with noisy breaks and what do you get? A honeymoon with my VZ3 which is by far the shortest on record for any car that I have bought.

Engine minus cover.jpg

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I received my recall letter today saying that the engine cover must be removed by a Seat/Cupra dealer to prevent the risk of it coming lose and starting a fire. I called my dealer and said can’t I just remove it to save the 90 mile round trip and they said they need to do it and fill out the details on the system so it is logged and so I get a replacement when they are available. I said it will have to wait until it’s due a service as I don’t want to waist 3 hours and £30 in fuel. I will get the car serviced next month and get the software updates done at the same time.

DroneTinker

Jan 25, 2022
Spain
Without the cover it looks sexier to me ha ha. Is it easy to remove the cover by myself or should I take it to the service?

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
So, is it ALL engines? Because my Hybrid with the 1.4 TSI engine also has no cover o_O a google search shows that is does exist.

I would like one.

rafletcher

Feb 18, 2021
The reason for taking it to the dealer is so that it os logged, and a replacement ordered. You can take it off yourself easily enough, but you'll not get a revised one until after a dealer visit.

Reactions: DroneTinker
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.