engine cover

sanderheed

Jan 14, 2018
England
Looks good, but that price! :eek:
Yes, it’s a bit rich for me. Not planning on being under the bonnet that often so not really bothered. It’s more the sound dampening issue for me.
Was told this afternoon by my local Cupra dealer to be very careful what you fit, especially if it’s a lease vehicle. Said they wouldn’t them taken off for no reason. Anything you fit may invalidate your warranty and if something goes pear-shaped you may be liable.

gmaddison

Jul 24, 2022
just collected my new Cupra Formentor 2 Ltr 190.
on inspection at the dealers I noticed the engine didn't look right what it was is there was know engine cover.
I as the dealer to explain.
1. all new 2 Ltr models will have know engine.
2. removed in production they didn't know why.
3. there will be a re-call to add the new engine cover.
they said I will get a re-call vir the App, as anyone else had this happen
Good luck with that one had my VZ3 for a year now still not got a cover 🤬

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Yes, it’s a bit rich for me. Not planning on being under the bonnet that often so not really bothered. It’s more the sound dampening issue for me.
Was told this afternoon by my local Cupra dealer to be very careful what you fit, especially if it’s a lease vehicle. Said they wouldn’t them taken off for no reason. Anything you fit may invalidate your warranty and if something goes pear-shaped you may be liable.
So are you saying you have no sound deadening as well as the missing engine cover, as I have the sound proofing, just no cover. I was told the dealer had to remove the cover until the new revised one was available.

sanderheed

Jan 14, 2018
England
So are you saying you have no sound deadening as well as the missing engine cover, as I have the sound proofing, just no cover. I was told the dealer had to remove the cover until the new revised one was available.
Yes. Both missing unfortunately

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    818.7 KB · Views: 168

sanderheed

Jan 14, 2018
England
Just had another conversation with my local Cupra dealer. He said it should definitely be installed. I’ve got to go up to verify ownership this week so said he’d have a look at sorting it out when I’m up there. Told me I shouldn’t be having it to buy one even though they’re only 40 quid.

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
That's why an engine cover is a must. Now they will also be removing the hood insulation from factory. Mind you this is a VAG issue, not only Cupra's , all VAGs with the same 2.0 lt engines are not fitted with engine covers from factory.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
I never had sound deadening from new is a 1.5 .

But no issues with engine cover on this model so I have one of those

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Villabrand

Apr 2, 2023
I never had sound deadening from new is a 1.5 .

But no issues with engine cover on this model so I have one of those

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Same here with the V2 1.5. engine control cover is there but no sound deadening. Believe this is standard given the size of the engine.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

oldgitdave

Mar 27, 2022
UK
No engine cover on my V2 Hybrid and it came without sound deadening. It looks like something is missing so I fitted OEM sound deadening. Looks so much better imho. Not sure it makes any difference to the sound though :unsure:.
20220627_104017.jpg 20220701_114500.jpg

gmaddison

Jul 24, 2022
Just collected from the dealer following cover fit. A bit disappointed if I’m honest, really quite flimsy and cheap feeling

Attachments

• IMG_4709.jpeg
    IMG_4709.jpeg
    658.3 KB · Views: 80

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Just collected from the dealer following cover fit. A bit disappointed if I’m honest, really quite flimsy and cheap feeling
it does a good job on engine noise insulation though, and I think this is its primary purpose although some lettering wouldn't've hurt

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.