engine light after fitting new coils.

regallee

Sep 9, 2008
hi. after fitting new coils the engine light as come on. what is th emost likely cause, could they be the wrong coils the car does seem to be running ok though.

Gezz

Nov 12, 2006
Manchester
I had a coil go, RAC came out and replaced it. Got home and the next time I started the car the light was back on but no symptoms, error code was the same coil they replaced so had it reset.

Sure enough next time I started the car it was back on again.

Had the RAC out again today, they changed the same coil and so far no light. The patrolman reckoned that as they don't use genuine Seat parts that the resistance in some of the coils falls outside the usual range and the ECU doesn't like it so throws its dummy out.

Thankfully though because the coil was faulty RAC fixed it for free.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
no he could be right.. we dont know its coil related. we could be being lulled into a false sense of security:D

check coils are home and havnt lifted. check all pipe work around the area as some may have been removed to get at coils 3/4.

is it worth diconnecting the battery to reset the ecu? if its a minor fault it may work.

needs to be read for faults ideally as lee said

regallee

Sep 9, 2008
turns out to be a faulty coil or because its non gen as gezz said when i swapped it for a old one i was able to clear the fault. many thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise