Engine management light but still normal boost?

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
Afternoon all,

Changed the stock DV last night for a Forge Split-R, took it for a drive everything was fine, and also again this morning to work (30mile drive) everything fine.

Just been out on my lunch in work and the EML came on, still boosts as per usual, no noises that are new, no juddering (sorry im not very good with descriptions lol)...

The only thing I noticed as the 4mm Vac hose goin into the top of the DV was twisted so that little air could pass through it, would this cause the problem...?

Ive sorted the twist now but it meant returning the Split-R to the full anti-clockwise position!

Any help would be appreciated, or anyone with Vagcom near Chester, Shrewsbury, Telford, Oswestry, Wrexham, or anywhere near that haa....

Thanks!

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
after a bit of reading and google searching I think it possibly could be the MAF (although from my useless knowledge i dont know where to find this on the car), would this not pick up the correct reading if the vac hose was twisted and not flowing air from the DV?
and if it is this, now that I've got rid of the twist, I believe disconecting the battery with reset the ecu and hopefully remove the management light?

cheers

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
are you sure its not open too much and causing the ecu to spot a fault with missing air from the intake system. it will seem like its boosting normal but you wont notice properly as your just listening for your dv

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
sorry do you mean the dv open too much? the split-r is only turned something like 6 clicks (from anti-clockwise position), and ive just found out it needs to be more like 16-20 on standard cupra...?
would that make the ecu light to come on?
you cant really hear the dv anyway because its fully recirc I've got the bung in the trumpet bit.

only had the cupra like a week and it seems to boost same as wen i got it, pulls the same upto redline in 2nd and 3rd...

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
an issue with the loss of air. go and check all vacuum lines and see if you have put things on right. or just find someone with vag com so they can hel p you and tell you why

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
right ive checked all the vacuum pipes and the other connections to the split-r, all are fine except one vac hose which has perished (ill replace this tomorrow)... would this alone cause the engine man light to come on? ill get a pic up in a min to show which hose it is...

also the split-r, ive currently got set to 16 clicks and its fluttering a bit so I assume i just need to tighten? or loosen it up?

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
the missing hose is the one with the arrow pointing to it... where would this connect too? there isnt a hose at all, its completely not there and hasnt been since i bought the car a week ago...

anyone let me know where this connect to so i can replace it? and also would this cause EML to come on?

cupra_ad

Sep 18, 2008
vac.jpg