Engine Swap, will this work?

Dannny

Been offered a 1.8 8v out of my friends caddy sport, just the top end ie no box or clutch etc, would this fit the box and clutch of my 1.4 8v beeza or am I wasting my time?

cheers

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
yeah should do, although i didnt no the caddy came in petrol lol!

can get a 1.6 on a 1.4 box and that goes like sh*t off a shovel lol, cant imagine a 1.8 on a 1.4 box lol would be nuts! might have a problem with running the gearbox out faster though....

Dannny

aye its a caddy sport 1.8 8v gti lump, I did wonder about the box being a bit short but I aren't looking for mega fast just a bit more then the 60 standard ponies :redface:

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
The ratios would be stupid, dont waste your time, too much work if it is even possible.

just my 2p's worth

save up buy a gti

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Don't do it, the work will far out weight the reward. Off top of my head you'd need:

Looms
ECU
Box and clutch
Driveshafts
Cooling system upgrade
Brake upgrade
Suspension upgrade.

If your gonna do it, do it right, and it aint worth doing it right

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
haha, you funny mofo's

saw a R32 lump into a mk3 golf few weeks back in max power and in this months performance VW there is a vento with an awesome conversion...cant remeber what it is...

i suggest getting the jag V12 :D

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
Im actually tempted to try something different or that hasnt been done. But havent came up with what to go with yet.

Why not stick a Jap engine in, either a 1.8 or 2.0l honda vtec or even a toyota 190vvti engine. Only question is can you live with the reliability? lol

captin_urbis

Not a Member
Dec 2, 2008
Lancashire
Why stop at 8? I wonder how much an old Jag V12 would cost?

went to ultimate dubs on sunday, saw a mk2 golf with an r32 in, biggest engine conversion there...was not impressed!!

you should deff go for the v12 lol, providing ur talking about sticking tht HUUGE jag engine into the car lol.

now thats what id like to see, would be a sh*t load of work like but thats not the point lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.