EPC/Turbo failed 3 times

Mar 14, 2021
Hello, I believe I might be having a slightly different issue when it comes to the EPC/ actuator fault, a month ago my EPC light came on and lost power, so I took it to my local garage that was recommended by a friend this garage specializes in only Turbos that all they work on so I assumed surely they will be able to fix it. they checked it out and said the turbo needs replacing we agreed on a price of £900 for the full replacement, I got the car back 4 days later, and within 1 week the EPC light came right back displaying the same fault code p334B I took it back to the garage they checked it out and said the actuator went on, they agreed to replace the actuator for free as the turbo comes with 24 months warranty, and ones again a week later the same fault. the actuator has failed and they have fixed it again but today the actuator failed again I am lost for ideas and I do not have the knowledge to try and work on it my self nor do I have the money after the last 900-pound bill I paid for the turbo, this is a 2012 seat Ibiza 1.2 tsi, all the parts that the garage has used are OEM parts and I hope someone will be able to help me out and inform me on what this could be because this is my only way of transport to work. thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2021
all that doesn't mean much to me, but i will definitely take a look later tonight, i was just looking online and since the garage diagnosed the turbo as being bad and replaced which didn't fix the problem i may be entitled for them to fix the problem for free or even may be entitled to a refund i will speaking with them tomorrow, but if anyone has any ideas how and why my actuator is failing within a week that would be great

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I've only had 2 new actuators and turbos so far.

BUT... a poor battery does appear to have caused many of these indications on other TSi motors I have read about on VAG forums.

Mine both went on low mileage cars that were parked up for months on end. (maybe the battery state had something to do with it)

Reactions: csh
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members