Etka and Torque figures

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
Im coming close to stripping and putting all the new parts on my car id love to be able to see what order things go, what extra parts i may require so i was looking for something like etka, and also what torque figures I need to torque too to fit the items, can anyone give me some advice please as im dieing to use my new torque wrenches,

many thanks

chris

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'd reckon that ebay is the easiest place to buy a back-up copies of ElsaWin (dealer workshop manual) and also ETOS which is an alterative parts catalogue to ETKA and covers all VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA models. Maybe just buy a Haynes for a Polo 9N for what goes where and torques.

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
ive purchased the elsawin i have the disc it wont load on either of my laptops on xp it says dont have elsawin drivers and this one on vista it just wont run on dont know where to go from there,

and etos is for sale on ebay aswell is it mmmm might be worth looking into that one aswell

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
look online for vagcat

free to register and use - dont feed the trolls on fleabay

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Vag cat is basically an online etka

etka itself is more useable as its on pc and has a myriad of other info possibles but won't list workshop info such as torque settings etc sorry

what info you after ? been enough heads off etc here i should think it will be around somewhere ?

chrisbond69

chris bond
Jun 11, 2005
Cirencester, Glos
um im fitting, crossmember, cradle, rear beam, suspension, new hubs, turbo, mani, brembo's, rear calipers, track rod ends, rocker cover, inlet mani, amongst numerous other things

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
The reason that I mentioned ETOS is quite simply because you can run it with a low resolution display - like a laptop. I had EKTA on my old PC but it died, bought a newer version of EKTA to use with a laptop - but it refused to load due to the laptop's display resolution being too low! For the DIYer, I'd say Els-Win is a bit cumbersome to use, as I suggested earlier, maybe just buy Haynes for a Polo and use common sense for any torques where Seat use different parts to VW. Sorry but I seem to have suggested getting the Haynes for Polo 9N - but that only suits MK4 Ibiza - so you'd need earlier Hatynes book.

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
got a copy somewhere but never got round to 'fixing' it - ill dig it out later see if i can get it running

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
well they do say all the crap usually sinks to the bottom :)

not been over your way for a while - heard there is a few hotrods about recently too

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
what u mean hot rods, i know there a bloke in siddington whos got a ford pop hot rod, my uncle makes dragsters and tunes v8's u might of heard of him clive bond

heard of him ? blimey, could build a shrine for him :clap::clap::clap:

you probably know already but that is one man to follow round a garage/shed of an evening and rub off a few tips and tricks for sure

he's in the process of working on the fat boys dragster motor at present - amongst 101 other projects i would guess :)

My only claim to fame as such is Dave Vizard (mini/pinto nos etc) is one of my godparents