Euro style Toledo?

richard150

Richard
Feb 17, 2009
Northern Ireland
Has anyone seen this done this? Im fed up with everyone in NI doing the same thing with their leons and toledos. Want to do a euro style toledo but does anyone know of anyone thats done anything like this?

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
there was a guy on here, i have never seen pics because they were deleted from his pb account, who had audi door handles, lcr front and quite a few other goodies and a full respray.... what ideas did you have in mind.... dont really see many leons or tollys that are overly euro'ed... not compared to golfs etc... not many things i could think of to euro one tho tbh, altho i would love to do it, smoothed side strips, smooth front bumper, id do something with the bumper as i think the standard toledo bumper is pretty boring :ban:, rear door smoothed and dished wheels, this sounds like a pretty sexy toledo now lol, but is there much more you could do, personally think that oem+ with an LCR kit does the trick but thats probably because much more and you hit serious dollar

richard150

Richard
Feb 17, 2009
Northern Ireland
I was thinking black roof, shaved rub strips, fill in the number plate recess at the front, german plate at the back, black mirrors and possibly handles. that sorta thing.

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
... yea dint think of black roof ... theres a guy on here with a leon who had the raised bit on the centre of the bonnet sprayed black and was then gonna get the roof sprayed black to match,,, i was intrested in this and got a couple of quotes but then backed off as thought it may not work with a bonnet bra... gloss black tear drop mirrors is good, maybe lose the front side indicators off the wings, still doesnt scream euro to me imho, just tastefully modified with some good touches, maybe its just not that sorta car hence why its not done, although maybe just never tried???

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I was thinking black roof, shaved rub strips, fill in the number plate recess at the front, german plate at the back, black mirrors and possibly handles. that sorta thing.

I think that would look good on a silver car like yours - I'd keep the handles silver though to keep a smooth look to the sides, something like this but in your colours I think would look sweet[B)]

Toledo_Cupra.jpg

richard150

Richard
Feb 17, 2009
Northern Ireland
I think people maybe dont feel they can euro anything other than a VW. Thats why i really want to try it, just to be different. As you say, it might look tastefully modified but then again, theres nothing wrong with that. Im not going to spray my roof, theres a guy down the road has large vinyls and i was just going to put a sticker on it so that if i dont like it, its easilly removed. Ive been looking at teardrop mirrors and tbh i dont like them at all. I prefere the standard mirrors, even the likes of s4/s4 mirrors (the brushed aluminium ones)

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I think people maybe dont feel they can euro anything other than a VW. Thats why i really want to try it, just to be different. As you say, it might look tastefully modified but then again, theres nothing wrong with that. Im not going to spray my roof, theres a guy down the road has large vinyls and i was just going to put a sticker on it so that if i dont like it, its easilly removed. Ive been looking at teardrop mirrors and tbh i dont like them at all. I prefere the standard mirrors, even the likes of s4/s4 mirrors (the brushed aluminium ones)

Do it, do it :D

I for one would love to see the outcome.
Come to think of it I remember seeing a white toledo for sale on Pistonheads a while back that had a black roof and centre part of the bonnet and it looked quite good.

richard150

Richard
Feb 17, 2009
Northern Ireland
I wouldnt do the centre part of the roof, i think its a little silly looking, but the roof the same colour as my new wheels i think would work.
I taped a bin liner to the roof last night and i quite liked it :D
Got paint there thismorning to do the rub strips silver and doing the gaps on the lower part of the bumper black aswell.

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
Yeah its a cracker! A bit low for me though - no idea how the sump and bottom of the car doesn't get messed up by speed bumps.

Quite a few of those pistonhead Tollys are from Northern Ireland. Popular car there then?

ANDREY_92

ive got a silver leon which is kinda like yours and ive got black mirrors, cupra r splitter and 18" wheels, and im getting a black roof next week and ive just baught a honeycomb grill. basically what im trying to say is that black mirrors look really good! and have you done your black roof yet because i wanted to see it on a car and yours is the closest looking one to mine :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise