Evoms's vs Dbilas noise

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Does anyone know if the dbilas inatke is as noisy as an Evom's , does it still have loud whoosing and dump valve noises?

Dbilas is not as noisy as it is a closed box system, but there is an intake noise, but its classy rather than what you get from a cone.

Could try and get some clips done if you want.

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Does anyone know if the dbilas inatke is as noisy as an Evom's , does it still have loud whoosing and dump valve noises?

I've got the Dbilas intake on mine and had previously a VF Engineering one (an open cone intake very similar to the Evoms. The Dbilas is considerably easier to live with than the VF there is an increase noise from standard but no where near that of the VF. Apparantly the Evoms is supposed to be noiser again so JKM in Portsmouth reckon.

micky 32

Oct 30, 2003
Longford, Ireland
Visit site
Dbilas is not as noisy as it is a closed box system, but there is an intake noise, but its classy rather than what you get from a cone.

Could try and get some clips done if you want.
Thanks, if you get a spare minute but don't worry about it. Is the flow characteristics the same i wonder? Would the Dbilas be more restrictive?

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Thanks, if you get a spare minute but don't worry about it. Is the flow characteristics the same i wonder? Would the Dbilas be more restrictive?

Doubt it would be more restrictive as its input is 100% from outside air and not the hot engine bay air, and the route taken is smooth with only two 90 degree bends. I would be surprised if a cone in the engine bay was more efficient.

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
I'll post what I posted earlier on briskoda.net regarding evoms v-flow.

ares said:
I have a Seat Leon Cupra 2 and installed EVOMS v-flow among other CAIs. Been reading all the good comments and all the excitement and awe from v-flow owners I thought it worth the try.

The first disappointment for me was the material used, as I said I tried many intakes, but paying so much for a piece of plastic pipe is not worth it. For that money they should use an all aluminum pipe and cover it with heat resistant material. Next is the fixture & fitting, effective and simple I must admit, but for that money they should think of something better.

The position of the filter is not optimal, as it hangs right behind the headlight and air flow is pretty limited there. It may allow the air from the OEM air duct flow through but that air aims the end of the filter and not the front - plus the filter is pretty unprotected from water under heavy rain conditions. If you run it for a while you'll find spots and stains of mud all over the filter.

Last but not least the sound - the sound is bad, it is too loud, too unpleasant (at least from inside the car) to drive around. I like my car sound sporty but this is not a pleasant sporty sound at least for a road car. It sounds like you drive through pools of water with speed and water hits the underneath of the car. Imagine having that while driving for hours.

Performance-wise, after a remap it gives pretty much the same performance as many other CAIs - don't expect too much from an intake in any case - other parts are more important. Overall they (EVOMS) provide a good kit (intake, shield, engine cover) but I wouldn't consider it as the winner intake.

I have nothing against EVOMS nor I am biased for someone else's intake, but as an enthusiastic tuner I express my opinion and point out what I didn't like from v-flow cold air intake.

JD_SCN

I've got the neuspeed CAI, I love the noise, quite a subtle growl. Sounds great when you plant your foot then let off...or the best is when you put your foot down then let off, makes a a chirpy flutter noise, turns heads when you want it to!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.