Excessive condensation and ice inside windscreen

pipersam

Hey everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me here. Have a MK2 Leon 1.4 TFSI Stylance. Great car, but have what seems like a major problem with condensation build-up on the inside of the windscreen each morning. On colder mornings there is also ice build up on the inside. This only affects the front windscreen, and sometimes the rear windscreen.

The car also takes absolutely ages to warm up so that I can clear the windsreen, and I don't fancy wiping it as it actually makes it worse and water drips down onto the dash.

I want to take the problem to Seat, but I want your guys oppinion incase this is a problem affecting more than just my car. I've head of dodgy seals in the past on Leon's but does this affect the MK2's?

Regarding use of aircon etc I generally do not use aircon if i can help it, turning on the aircon whilst demisting doesnt speed my problem up either so I tend not to use it. I have also found no dampness on seats or carpets at all.

Any help would be highly appreciated, and I look forward to your oppinions.

Many thanks,

Sam.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
Do a search mate, plenty of posts on this. I got this on mine, I think it's a common problem. SEAT replaced some sort of skin inside my doors blaming them for letting water in...but it made little difference, and I never really sorted the problem!

Cupra Jim

Nov 18, 2009
Coventry
There is a link on this subject, someone suggested that on parking up you change the blowers from the screen setting to another ie to feet allow the air to feed through for a couple of seconds, obiously warm and then turn off the ignition, this apparently assits with the issue.

I personally haven't had this problem but I can remember reading the replies.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
i suffered really badly with this, i had a look round the window seals and found a small split in the drivers side window seal (when sat in the drivers seat it was in the front corner where it goes from vertical and start to bend upwards towards you.. if that makes sense), bit of super glue in there and it hasn't done it since, not sure if it is the problem this but fingers crossed!!!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
When you finish your journey every night put the blowers onto your feet and allow enough time for them to start blowing onto your feet.

When you start in the morning wait until warm air is coming out of the vents before putting onto the windscreen.

Mines a nightmare for this...... had ice inside alll winter!

Get yourself a drying blade and clear the inside with this and then use one of them chamois sponge things to tidy it up...... never thought I would have to do this sort thing daily in a modern car...[:@]

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
took mine to seat about this...they found no fault.

:| ...it's like well you come sit in my car at 6am in the morning and then tell me there's nothing wrong!

They did mark it down on the report that id asked them to check it (had a service at the same time) so at least it was noted for warranty purposes..but that doesn't really help at all!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.