Expected Delivery?

swoods

Feb 15, 2007
Kent
Does anyone have a recommended PDI check list that they use? I know there are lots on the internet but if someone has one that is tried and tested that would be great.

11 days to go... can't wait!!

Seanod

Jul 28, 2014
Glasgow
It's certainly given me hope that the early September delivery is achievable :)

For reference my order was placed on June 3rd and the car was built w/c 28th of July (Week 31).

Xyleth, got an email back from Seat CS. My cars on a ship called L'Audace and is due into Tyne on the 25th so I'd be guessing that your car, and anyone else who had one built around that time (28th July) will be on it too.

Been checking marinetraffic.com religiously for updates on where the ship is :happy:

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
I phoned SEAT to ask about status/whereabouts and got told they couldn't find my order without order ref from dealer (that I don't have).

Spoke to the dealer and he found out for me. Did you have an order ref when you emailed them?

Seanod

Jul 28, 2014
Glasgow
Yeah I had an order ref but I got that direct from Seat, seems weird they couldn't give you it?

If you call or email them with the ref number they should be able to tell you where it is.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Yeah I had an order ref but I got that direct from Seat, seems weird they couldn't give you it?

If you call or email them with the ref number they should be able to tell you where it is.

Well emailed SEAT directly through their website using the only reference I could find - the long (14 digit) number that was part of the order form file name when emailed to me from dealer.

Fingers crossed I'll get something back before long.

Seanod

Jul 28, 2014
Glasgow
Well emailed SEAT directly through their website using the only reference I could find - the long (14 digit) number that was part of the order form file name when emailed to me from dealer.

Fingers crossed I'll get something back before long.

Mines was only an 8 digit number, when Seat emailed you back did they not ask for your details and the dealers details? They done this with me and managed to get a reference number to track the car.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Mines was only an 8 digit number, when Seat emailed you back did they not ask for your details and the dealers details? They done this with me and managed to get a reference number to track the car.

I spoke to someone on the phone previously who said she couldn't find my order with name/address etc and needed an order I didn't have.

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
Another call to SEAT done, now I have the ship name: L'Audace. She's just entering the Bay of Biscay!

Apparently due in Tyne port around the 25th and hopefully have my car in 2nd week September :D

myseat

Leon from Martorell to Dublin, 1.2 TSI SE White Candy

Hi, ordered mine on Saturday here in Dublin. 1.2 TSI SE White Candy with several extras. My 1st brand new car and also 1st SEAT. I use to drive the family 1.4 TSI MK5 Golf (138 HP) in Spain. [B)].Sadly the 1.4 TSI is not brought here in the ROI for SEAT. :cry: Not even the ACT version. Thanks the previous posts I will be able to track "my baby" by sea. I do not have even the order number yet, but I recon 10 weeks from today from my dream to reality.

Keep you on the loop

Kind Regards,
JP

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I have 1.2 Tsi with dsg. I am sure you won't be disappointed. I have not been in the year I've had it. Check out the other threads whilst you wait and then get ready for some fun. Things to do: plan to install fan washers, order a nice boot mat, plan some VCds alterations.
This is a great forum with lots of help and friendly advice and banter available.

ourkiduk

Aug 14, 2014
Just got informed of delivery to dealer of my Cupra 280, quite funny it was listed in the email as a 1.2 TSI Cupra 280 5 Door!!

Now have to arrange delivery from there to my location, its all bloody waiting!!!

Jord

Apr 29, 2012
Ordered mine the end of June, dealer has told me I can collect it on the 10th of September

Car that I ordered is a 1.8 tsi sc fr tech
Navada white
Convience pack
Seat sound

DaFoot

Jun 16, 2014
Sheffield
www.dafoot.co.uk
The ship that is carrying my motor (L'Audace) docked at Tyne last night. I was quite enjoying following it over the seas!

It'd be nice if there were a similar tracker to the dealer/notifications when offloaded from the ship, but I guess I know it shouldn't bee too much longer to wait (guess a couple of weeks).

Krisjones85

My new FR is on L'audace as well. most frustrating thing for me is that because I ordered a stock car as the stealer said that I would probably get it by 21st as there was one in the full spec I wanted already shipping. They failed to mention that by shipping, they meant it was going from the factory to the port and not actually on a boat. Another frustration is that despite me living in Newcastle, it needs to be sent down to Sheerness which means me tracking it for a further 24 hours and no doubt a delay on getting the car back up north.

Agree it would be great if you could track your car from the factory to the dealers, pretty sure VW allow you to do this and I've seen that BMW offer a similar service on their website as well.

Oh well, guess a little bit more waiting required and al least I'll get it on a 64 plate.

Does anybody know roughly how many days it can take to get to the dealers from a port as I know the salesmanship wanting to get the car out the door as quickly as he can once it lands with them?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.