Expected Delivery?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Morning all,

My lovely Emocion Red Leon FR SC 184 is getting built this week. When should I be expecting it to arrive at the dealers? I've seen 4 weeks mentioned a few times looking on the internet but thought I'd ask someone's recent experience with Seat.

Cheers!

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Ha they need to spend more on it then, ordered my golf in August got my tracking number and the thing still says With the factory! Spoke to my dealer and it should say build week 45, the thing is useless

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
OK we'll trouser the £3k and leave the tracker alone. BMW USA allow pick up from the factory in Germany, drive to the port, watch it leave and then pick up in US. BMW UK do not. 'nuff said

gh2

Aug 2, 2010
My car is being built this week too and my dealer says it should arrive 4 weeks after it's built.

derelyth

Jun 11, 2011
Portsmouth
The Group Manager for my local Franchise (Snows) said 3-4 weeks for my original order - apparently the cargo ship is every 2 weeks so I guess its down to which fortnight your car's build date aligns with.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Cheers for all the replies lads :) the general feeling I'm getting then is to expect my car probably the end of October! Swahealy I'm afraid week 39 is this week so you'll have to wait an extra week :( from the thread though, it seems there's going to be a lot of nice shiny Leon's driving around our roads by the end of October! :D

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
Mines a week 40 build (next week) and dealer said to expect of end of October.

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
Mine was build week 38 (w/c 16 Sep) but was brought forward to week 37 (w/c 9 Sep). It was actually made on Thursday 12th September and by the following day it was already in transit.

My dealer told me that there are 3 cargo ships continually bringing cars to the UK and that it was an 8 day trip.

I got a call today saying that the car is now in the UK - just waiting on an actual delivery date but the dealer said it was possible by the end of the week.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Sounds like everything went better than expected with yours James :) I'll aim for the end of October and if it arrives sooner then I'll take it as a bonus! :D

Swahealy

Aug 26, 2013
London
Thanks Maddufffy!! My excitement is getting the better of me and I have lost the ability to count!! lol!! So being built this week lol!!! I will keep my expectation for the end of October and if it is before then all good!!
JamesSM, How did you find out the actual day it had been built!! lol!!

Nick100

Lets hope Seat are busy this week, our new Seat SC 2.0 in Apollo Blue is also being built this week.
Hoping to have the car by mid Oct.

@JamesSM

Jul 26, 2013
JamesSM, How did you find out the actual day it had been built!! lol!!

The dealer can see when it was made as the chassis number goes into the system as soon as it's built ;)

I'm just glad it was built on Thursday the 12th and not Friday the 13th!

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Haha no problem swahealy! I only know that because it's written all over my calendar that my car is getting built this week lol! :D
Nick, it looks like Seat are going to be very busy this week! I think ally of it is down to the fact Seat close they're factory in August.
James, useful bit of information! I'll be giving my dealer a phone at the end of the week to find out what day it was built! Any excuse to go out and celebrate a birthdays.... Haha!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Evening all,

Just a quick update for all you week 39 builders lol Apparently my car has been built and is in transport to the port at Barcelona. He reckons from there it'll be 2-3 weeks until my lovely new FR turns up in Darlington :D

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.