Extended Warranty

peabelly

It is worth paying Stealer, or 3rd party.
Warranty expires in June - any advise-
Any one use warrantyworks.co.uk -
will i need to sort something out soon or wait until the last minute.

Cheers for any replys

:cry:

peabelly

too scared to ask SEAT - hoping someone will tell me

the internet company quoted £150 for a year

scottR

Jun 16, 2002
Central Scotland
Visit site
Seem to remember a figure of £399 for SEAT warranty - went with Warranty Direct, but thinking of changing to Warranty Works as it's much cheaper for what seems to be similar cover.

CUPRAGREY

2FAST
Jun 14, 2004
Bucks/Herts
I asked the dealer recently at the service as mine is up in June and they said they don't get involved in extending it and that i would have to call Seat UK as
they do it.

I will check what the price is and let you know.

CUPRAGREY

2FAST
Jun 14, 2004
Bucks/Herts
I just gave them a quick call and apparently the company they use for warranties no longer offers them and they said basically I had to find my own from the many companies that are out there offering warranties.

This was on the seat 0500 customer care number.

andycupra

status subject to change
dealer charged me £199 for my old cupra.
but i think its near £299 now

i have used warranty diret in the past and they were great.
they did however then become expensive as they added more cover.
Something like 'secondry damage'. ie if something breaks and that dmages other parts then they are all covered not just the original part that broke!

I think after market warranties can be good, but you must be carfefull not to let servicing lapse and they will not be mod friendly.

Last edited:

nick radwell

not that new
Nov 12, 2004
aylesbury
hey thats a good thought it never crossed my mind u know not that ive too many probs with my leon but the two ive had have stopped the car dead!!

My warranty runs out in oct 06 but i live in germany so i wonder if an extended seat warranty would cover europe or would the internet companies offering warraty be better???