extracting SKC's for immobiliser and instruments

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
How can I extract the SKC on my MY08 Leon to replace the instrument cluster with a new one. Or does anyone on the forum know someone/someplace in the west of Scotland where I can get it done? Nothing illegal or underhand here, this is all legit so I can install bluetooth. I have the 'new' cluster but when I was getting it adapted at the dealers today, their equipment said it was 'used' and already had immobiliser data written to it even though the mileage was zero!! I got charged labour for this so i'm not best pleased. This part was sold to me as new by Ted Johnson Seat, and I am not in any way blaming them for the fact it is not new. These things happen, and I am in the process of sorting something out, but I want to know if there is an alternative to the dealer if need be. I have a fully registered vag-com.

Any help or info greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

James.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
as far as i know only the dealer can get the skc code online now, well thats what i was informed recently when i tried to get mine for storage (use later) on spare keys

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
How can I extract the SKC on my MY08 Leon to replace the instrument cluster with a new one. Or does anyone on the forum know someone/someplace in the west of Scotland where I can get it done? Nothing illegal or underhand here, this is all legit so I can install bluetooth. I have the 'new' cluster but when I was getting it adapted at the dealers today, their equipment said it was 'used' and already had immobiliser data written to it even though the mileage was zero!! I got charged labour for this so i'm not best pleased. This part was sold to me as new by Ted Johnson Seat, and I am not in any way blaming them for the fact it is not new. These things happen, and I am in the process of sorting something out, but I want to know if there is an alternative to the dealer if need be. I have a fully registered vag-com.

Any help or info greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

James.

To my knowledge, there are no aftermarket tools that can pull the SKC/PIN code from an MY08 vehicle. I think your only choice will be to work with the dealer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.