F***king Idiots At Tesco

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
ok i just felt like a moan just changed my insurance to tesco and have just spent about an hour trying to get then to beleive me that my car is alarmed as standard bunch of morons never had this trouble befor. for some stupid reason they need it in writing even though it took me about 2 mins to find the code for it from the thatcham site, pricks.
ok had my moan now im going to tesco's to by some beer.
i might run over there trolley boy as well.
see ya

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
i work for the company that handles tesco's insurance on there behalf (UK-I) although we dont do tescos in our office lol

alexj124

Mar 2, 2005
Edinburgh
been with tesco for 4 years had absolutely no probs been great to me just one of those one offs i think

annoying none the less

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Had this same problem with Tesco when I first bought mine last october. Also Seat can't now state what they were fitted with thatcham rating wise.

Visited the Thatcham website got code and rang them back, they kept saying that its not an Ibiza though its an Ibiza Cupra, and they didn't know the difference between the Mk4 manufacturer dates and Mk3s or that the cupra had same Cat 2 immobiliser as it was still an ibiza.
Then rang thatcham directly and they kept saying the same as Tesco.

Tesco wouldn't accept it and I couldn't be bothered to keep chasing it so for the 3 months left on the policy I kept it in the garage. Needless to say I didn't reinsure it with them come renewal time in january.

Absolute bunch of useless idiots. (sorry to anyone that works there)

Now with Adrian Flux who walked all over Tescos and others insurers prices.

Big_A_Cupra20vt

Jan 4, 2007
margate
it cant be a one off alex as when i phoned seat up to find out about it the first thing i got asked was if the info was needed for tesco apparently there about the only ones that insist on this, but there price was very good, im 23 with 3 years no claims it cost me £540 fully comp, norwich union wanted nearly £1000 for my renual, even so i still think tescos are bunch of numptys. and im not sorry for anyone that works there.

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
i was with tesco till i had my accident in the Focus (after that they refused me insurance) but i had no problems with my claim etc etc... thumbs up from me.

beattie17

Apr 12, 2005
Perth
it cant be a one off alex as when i phoned seat up to find out about it the first thing i got asked was if the info was needed for tesco apparently there about the only ones that insist on this, but there price was very good, im 23 with 3 years no claims it cost me £540 fully comp, norwich union wanted nearly £1000 for my renual, even so i still think tescos are bunch of numptys. and im not sorry for anyone that works there.

im thru tescos,never had any problems and im only £480 fully comp,22 with 4years no claims.

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
I suppose it depends who you talk to. I spoke to a women about window tints at tesco she said it was an illegal mod if it was aftermarket and not factory standard i argued for 20 minutes gave up called back spoke to a bloke and went through with no problems lol

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
tesco wouldnt believe me either.......ended up getting the number from the thatcham website and qouted it to them, they took my word as gospel and adjusted my insurance policy.

i dont know why they cant resource the info theirselves??

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise