Fabia Rear Wiper, what you need to know

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
I bought my fabia rear wiper this morning from Westover Skoda, near bournemouth in Corfe Mullen.

They were very helpfull, just to confirm as there are various part no's posted on here now!!

For the Leon you will need:

1 x 6Y0955425 Rear Fabia Estate wiper blade £3.46

1 x 6Y6955435 The Fabia Hatchback cap with the hole for the washer £1.54

1 x 6Y9955707A Rear Fabia Estate complete wiper arm £10.19

Prices plus VAT, total including VAT £17.85

and it looks so much better!!!!:p

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Good stuff, might be worth adding this to the first post in the part number sticky thread? Admin? Pretty please :)

andycupra

status subject to change
i think this is available already on this forum.

i just did a search: see link below.
sticky thread shows vertually all you need. thanks Pabs!

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2626267

closely followed by loads of threads.
but thanks for the thought! ;)

*update* just noticed the parts on the sticky thread have a typo!
so perhaps that can be updated.

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
show me the typo - and i'll edit my post.

But please ensure that YOU are correct - because I keep getting told to change it to something else, and someone then tells me that the NEW number is wrong, and to change it back.

I can 200% guarantee that the part numbers in my thread WERE correct - because they are the ones I ORDERED and the ones I RECEIVED.

And yeah - if you do a search or read any of the sticky threads, or even my How-to guides, you'll find all you need to know!

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
What makes me laugh about this is you don't even need part numbers. You walk into the dealer, up to the parts guy and ask for the fabia estate wiper arm and blade, and a fabia hatchback bolt cap. And he'll sort the right ones. I've never actually needed the part numbers and I've bought 3 of them.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
:lol: - never thought of that myself... really should have though!

It's not like the "average Joe" has access to part numbers, a forum such as this, or any form of braincell to be able to find the part number anyway!

ChrisJ

Lemon
Feb 2, 2007
APD Vag - Near Holton Heath
Well chaps i can 100% guarantee these prices and part numbers are correct, i think the numbers change in time because what i took a note of before going from posts on here already was all slightly wrong.

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
one thing just wondered about before i go and get the bits....and excuse me if I'm being thick but how do you get the wiper arm off? I will admit I haven't actually gone and looked, but is it a case of unbolt and pull off?

andycupra

status subject to change
show me the typo - and i'll edit my post.

But please ensure that YOU are correct - because I keep getting told to change it to something else, and someone then tells me that the NEW number is wrong, and to change it back.

I can 200% guarantee that the part numbers in my thread WERE correct - because they are the ones I ORDERED and the ones I RECEIVED.

And yeah - if you do a search or read any of the sticky threads, or even my How-to guides, you'll find all you need to know!

two of the part numbers for the fabia wiper are the same but for different items:

6Y6 955 435- Skoda Fabia estate rear wiper arm
6Y0 955 425 - Skoda Fabia estate rear wiper blade
6Y6 955 435 - Skoda Fabia Hatchback Wiper Cover

Last edited:

c11rgd

Freshie
Sep 27, 2006
Yeah thats good, Bcos when i went to get mine from Newbury Seat they brought out a Estate Wiper cap without the Washer jet.
and they charged me a total of £20, but then they changed the cap.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
one thing just wondered about before i go and get the bits....and excuse me if I'm being thick but how do you get the wiper arm off? I will admit I haven't actually gone and looked, but is it a case of unbolt and pull off?

yes mate, pop the cap off, undo the bolt, and wiggle it just a little bit ( as in the song) and it comes straight off.

gard_ian8

Mar 5, 2007
I bought mine of the bay, 12 quid which wasnt bad, all parts were new etc, for those who are looking to do it, check out ebay, then you get them delivered to your door and dont have to go anyewhere!

Ian

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
most Skoda garages dont keep the parts in, u usually have to order them.

you're right, had to order them and they should be here tomorow morning!

used thepart numbers at the start of this thread a the guy in the garage said that they are correct by the way

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
got my fabia rear wiper today and fitted it! All good! The price and part numbers were correct and i was pretty suprised how easy it was to get parts through skoda! My local seat garage takes them ages to find anything and it's a really long and drawn out process!

Just out of interest is there any other option to a fabia rear wiper? don't get me wrong I'm happy with it and the way it looks just wondered if there is something a little more unique?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members