Facelift Ibiza improved ?

Grant745

Hi guys, I am a proud owner of a new facelift Ibiza 1.4 sport. Just to let you know that the headlight condensation problem still exists !. The dealer has taken photos and am waiting to hear if Seat are going to authorise a vent kit to fix it. Thought they might have taken the opportunity to fix it during the facelift.

On another note, has anyone managed:) to fit a VW in-dash 6cd autochanger in an Ibiza ?. I have one from my Golf but dont know whether you need the Seat connecting loom or does the VW cable fit ? Thanks

FR-RUSH

IBIZA FR TDI BLACK MAGIC
Dec 3, 2005
Islington
the lights are quite easy to fix by taking the backs off on a dry day and going for a 30min spin down m way.

just wondering why put a changer in? havent you got mp3 head unit? if not why not swap for one of them instead.

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
FR-RUSH said:
the lights are quite easy to fix by taking the backs off on a dry day and going for a 30min spin down m way.

just wondering why put a changer in? havent you got mp3 head unit? if not why not swap for one of them instead.

Ipod links gonna be the order of the day for me i think - i really loved my multi changer in my leon cupra tho

Grant745

FR-RUSH said:

I have dried them out by taking the backs off but as soon as it rains or I wash the car, they mist up again.

Probably want the changer in just because I have it and is so eay to use. Thinking about an ipod link tho if fitting the changer becomes a problem. The sports standard hu is not mp3 compatible, u need the stylance for that. Cheers anyway

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
The in dash 6disk does fit in under the head unit, just pull out the box thingy and stick it in its place

It plugs into the rear of the alana head unit via the yellow/green/blue plug and socket, all you need to do then is earth it and it works like a normal 6disk

Problem is I think it will light up blue and not red as it's a vw one but maybe that can be changed if you look into it

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BIZZA MATE..;)

Diablo559

Diablo
Mar 1, 2005
N.Ireland
i didnt even get the mp3 alana head unit in my cupra oh well got took out straight away. you could take the unit apart to change the colour but is it coloured bulbs or is it just a bit of coloured plastic it shines though

Grant745

nathwarr said:
The in dash 6disk does fit in under the head unit, just pull out the box thingy and stick it in its place

It plugs into the rear of the alana head unit via the yellow/green/blue plug and socket, all you need to do then is earth it and it works like a normal 6disk

Problem is I think it will light up blue and not red as it's a vw one but maybe that can be changed if you look into it

GOOD LUCK WITH THE BIZZA MATE..;)

Thanks for that, just waiting on the stereo code (did'nt come in the handbook!), in case I need to disconnect the hu during fitting otherwise it will be useless. The changer illumination is red, so no probs there. cheers for the advice.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Grant745 said:
Thanks for that, just waiting on the stereo code (did'nt come in the handbook!), in case I need to disconnect the hu during fitting otherwise it will be useless. The changer illumination is red, so no probs there. cheers for the advice.

good job!

post a pic when it's done fella

Grant745

Well its finally fitted and working great. You need the wiring loom from Seat for their in dash autochanger, simply plugging in the yellow/green/blue plug does not work. There is an extra connector for the data lead ( the other socket on the back of the changer unit) which is on the loom and just clips in. Swopping the plugs around only takes 30 seconds Just a bit of a squeeze getting all the cables in, got a few scraped knuckles but its worth it. The loom only costs £13.70 and the autochanger is a great piece of kit, shame about the price that Seat are asking, but the VW ones do work and there does seem to be a few available on ebay.
Cheers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members