Falken 452 opinions

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Hi for an LCR are these good - owners opinions only if you dont mind me asking as the £150ish difference between them and the Goodyear Asymetrics is almost enough to sort my front brakes. Are they better than the shocking pirellis in the wet as thats my only issue with them
Cheers
Adam

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
I have falken 452s all round on mine at the moment, they are far better than pirellis and better than the dunlop sport maxxs i've just removed! They feel fairly progressive in the way traction is lost; the tail is much less snappy than it was with pirellis. Wet and dry performance is very good from these tyres; even when pushed.. they get my vote :D

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Lee ( nibbles ) fitted a set of Falkens after always having GSD3. He feels they are the worst tyre he has ever had, excessive wear and horrendous tyre noise. They possibly dont suit lowered cars !

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Empi5 why did you have to ruin the way the thread was going lol. DPJ how did the toyos perform better, there slightly more expensive and i could go for them just seeing £450(inc fitting)for the goodyears is a lot

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
i was going to get the 452s for my leon but settled for hankook evo 12 instead. very happy with them so far! great grip in both wet and dry and low road noise. about the same price as the 452s aswell even a bit cheaper i think. would be well worth thinkin about aswell. i heard the falkens dont last that long

neilmac

Just starting to tweak...
Jul 12, 2006
Lee ( nibbles ) fitted a set of Falkens after always having GSD3. He feels they are the worst tyre he has ever had, excessive wear and horrendous tyre noise. They possibly dont suit lowered cars !

Ive got 452's all round...Ive got to say, despite all the raving on here...Im not convinced about them. The XL's give a lot more than the GSD3 XL's...that said Ive had bad experience with horrible wear patterns on GSD3. They are cheap (£240 all in for 4) so depends whats more important...I may try something else next time as Im not blown away by them.

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
ive got them all round, and if im honest i only got them cos i was getting so many punctures, i decided not to carry on with the GSD3s...so i went for the best budget tyre i could find

they dont seem too bad, but im gonna ivest in some decent rubber when the fronts go bald

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I also like them. Have them all round and amd running stage2. Fine in the winter gone.
I don't do big miles so they last me quite a while even if they wear quickly.

matylad

Nov 24, 2005
Crewe, Cheshire
Got them all round on mine. They grip well but they are noisy as hell this is down to the tread blocks stepping, sounds like there is a bearing gone.....I'm assured its the tyres. Haven't lasted all that long either, had Toyo T1Rs before the Falken. They were on the car when i bought it and i did a further 15K on them, which is a lot more than the Falkens have done.

Matt.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.