Faulty Park assist operation…or maybe not???

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
Hi all,

I tried to parallel parking using the park pilot in my Arona but it felt like the park assist was speeding going into the parking space without any signs of slowing down or braking when the Arona got very close to the vehicle that parked behind, I managed to brake 10cm or even less from it.
It happened in every time and I tried in few different parking spaces.
I had parkpilot (Mercedes) in my previous car so I’m familiar with how it should work and with my previous car the it wasn’t like that and I’m afraid I’ll hit another car while parking, should it be like this? Is it the same in your Arona?

thanks

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Probably designed to do it for close parking but never tried park assist in either the Arona or Ateca. It uses ultrasound. Wonder if anyone else has tried in the Arona equipped with it. I use the 360' of the Ateca but not much good on curbs only well marked out bays. This is where I would question whether ultrasound would see kerbs correctly for automated parking.

Sandm0n

Jun 4, 2021
An update.....
Apperantly unlike my Mercedes Seat park assist (automatic parking feature) does not control the brakes, only the steering and accelaration, you'll have to slow down and brake by yourself.

Reactions: Tell
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.