Few pics

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Spent the evening reading about the 7 speed DSG on the 1.8 TSI, seems it's considerably more problematic than the 6 speed. Just release the damned 180 TDI! :(

I've not read that anywhere. I was going to order the 1.8 tsi DSG but at the last minute whilst in the showroom I changed my mind and ordered a 1.8 tsi manual instead. I just had worries about it being a new engine and gearbox and as mine would have been one of the first off the production line I wasn't going to risk any problems. I still don't know whether i made the right decision or not. I also wanted the 184 tdi but as they were not taking orders and said it would be November at the earliest I decided to have a complete change from my current 170 CR tdi and go for the 1.8 tsi. I'm sure I wont be disappointed. If I like my new MK3, perhaps in 3 or 4 years time a DSG version of the 184 tdi may be available.

I like the blue. I thought about that colour but it looked much darker from the small sample in the showroom. I've ordered the in Emocian red. Been told by dealer that I should get it by June.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Thanks for that, shame the indicators aren't LED, they would 'benefit' the most from that LED style with the solid on/off that looks so smart!

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I've not read that anywhere. I was going to order the 1.8 tsi DSG but at the last minute whilst in the showroom I changed my mind and ordered a 1.8 tsi manual instead. I just had worries about it being a new engine and gearbox and as mine would have been one of the first off the production line I wasn't going to risk any problems. I still don't know whether i made the right decision or not. I also wanted the 184 tdi but as they were not taking orders and said it would be November at the earliest I decided to have a complete change from my current 170 CR tdi and go for the 1.8 tsi. I'm sure I wont be disappointed. If I like my new MK3, perhaps in 3 or 4 years time a DSG version of the 184 tdi may be available.

I like the blue. I thought about that colour but it looked much darker from the small sample in the showroom. I've ordered the in Emocian red. Been told by dealer that I should get it by June.

Was just going by Google, search for "6 speed DSG problems" and nothing much comes up apart from some early issues, search for "7 speed DSG problems" and the same issue seems to crop up over and over across the VAG group of cars; a juddering from 1st to 2nd which requires a new clutch pack, threads are continuing even now so it doesn't look to be a resolved historical issue.

Part of me thinks I should save my money a bit longer and wait until November for the TDI but I know I'm going to get impatient!

I really like this blue but when I checked on the configurator they want £690 for that colour! I don't like it that much!

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Just a few higher quality pics. I've not managed to get out anywhere proper yet with one thing and another. I've just give it a rinse too as the recent weather left it looking crap. I've not done any serious cleaning yet (dealers work questionable) as it goes back in on Monday to have the bumper replaced (deep scratches to passenger side front bumper).

IMG_0664_zpsadd7b20d.jpg

IMG_0667_zps6f3ab8f2.jpg

IMG_0670_zps9b4842ae.jpg

IMG_0672_zps25ec6492.jpg

IMG_0673_zpsc9c7ad07.jpg

IMG_0675_zps7e08f789.jpg

IMG_0686_zps38b53a08.jpg

and the damage its getting its bumper replaced for. Not having that on a brand new motor.
IMG_0657_zps02c2a5d7.jpg

IMG_0659_zps876bb80d.jpg

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
Great pictures!
I was considering that color and now I'm sold. Trouble is, that in some countries it seems this blue isn't available in FR trim, although the configurator does allow to select it on the UK site. When the estate comes out I'll have a look into this dilemma with the dealer.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
hope you are enjoying it. The new model is just brilliant isn't it?
Enjoyed my MK2 FR a lot too, but the mk3 has so many great improvements.

Loving it Dan. Bloody lovely. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of better cars on the road but they often come with a heftier price. This thing is beautifully satisfying value for money.

wiganlad81

Mar 27, 2013
Great pictures!
I was considering that color and now I'm sold. Trouble is, that in some countries it seems this blue isn't available in FR trim, although the configurator does allow to select it on the UK site. When the estate comes out I'll have a look into this dilemma with the dealer.

Same with me with the colour. I was a bit unsure after I'd wet signed the docs. Well pleased when I saw it though. It takes on different hues in different lighting conditions. The rear LEDs look awesome against the blue. I think most of the other colours look sound too though. Just fancied a change from my three previous motors white, red, silver. Blue looked like a good punt.

Hope you manage to resolve the uncertainty colour/model availability.

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
I have also bought an FR in this blue. It wasn't until I saw one in the metal that I was sold on it. You are right, it takes on different looks in different lighting conditions. After we bought it, my missus spent the rest of the day trying to pick out other makes of car with the same colour and we couldn't see another car with that blue, it is completely unique.

macnug

What colour is that?
Do you have the name of the colour on the Car Configurator?
It looks good in the sun :D

Marve

Apr 20, 2013
What colour is that?
Do you have the name of the colour on the Car Configurator?
It looks good in the sun :D

It is Apollo Blue. It looks completely different on the Configurator. It even looks different in these pictures to how it is in real life. You have to see it in the metal.

munwin92

Jun 25, 2015
Hey, very nice looking car - I wish mine was in blue! You mentioned about your ambient lights looking nice on a night, out of curiosity, are your door card ambient lights bright enough to see? Mine are incredibly dim and can't be turned up any more, but I've been in a friends car and his were perfect. I was just wondering what other people's are like

Matt

LeonFRTDi

MrGadget
Jan 29, 2005
Northsostishire
I also like the blue but had a blk car for 10yrs & just fancied a change so Red it ended up
cheaper to buy & another 5yrs down the line it wont be worth anymore than other colours so bugger it
Audi do I nicer blue inbetween that Apollo blue & the lighter Alor Blue.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.