Few questions for a new owner

TheChrisAndrews

Oct 2, 2018
Hi guys New to the Forum
Picked up my Leon 2016 1.4 ecotsi in metallic gray with 18s, on Saturday.
Loving the car few questions for you guys though.

The infotainment system is a bit annoying all lit up when driving at night, I found the setting to switch the screen off after ten seconds of inactivity but everytime i get back in the car the setting unticks itself is this a common problem?

when calling someone whilst listening to music I expected the music to stop or pause, but no it keeps on blaring whilst ur on the phone. any settings to change this?

SEAT have quoted me £180 to activate the full link, is it worth it? only advantage i see over what it already does is having messaging on the screen.

Cheers in advance if anyone can help

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Full link enables you to link Spotify to the car and control with steering wheel controls and also enables the use of Google maps etc on the infotainment too.

My screen always dims as soon as the lights come on when its dark and my music also goes off when making a phone call. I have a facelift fr. Have you checked through each of the settings menu?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stringster

Mar 30, 2017
There is a setting for the music volume when on a call.

The screen turning off function does not seem to save as default and I also need to reactivate each time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Have you thought about dimming the sreen instead of it going off? I always leave mine on as it sits on the CAR screen

Last edited:

FRMike

Jun 18, 2018
I have full link - for Apple car play. Use it daily. Good bit of kit in my opinion. £180 is about what I paid to activate it and you will have access to better sat nav than the standard seat unit (waze or google maps) and your full music library on your phone which will play via cable which I feel is better than Bluetooth as you do lose some of the quality with Bluetooth streaming. With Apple in particular everything can be controlled by voice - a simple “hey Siri” and you’re away. Tell it what you want to play, who you want to call, listen to texts or WhatsApp messages received and even send them all with just talking. No need to look away from the road or press any buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tully1980

Nov 22, 2017
+1 for the full link.

I've got a Cupra 300, so it came standard. My previous car (2016 Polo GTI) didn't have it as standard, and I paid to have it added.

If you're planning on keeping the car for a few years, then Full Link is definitely the way to go. At the very least you'll know that your maps are always up to date if you're using Google Maps / Apple Maps / Waze..!!!