Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
highest line is with stage 1 revo + lowest line is stage 2 revo
owensrrwallace017.jpg

readings show left is stage 2 torque + right is stage 1 torque
owensrrwallace020.jpg

line with squares is stage 1 + lines with circles is stage 2
owensrrwallace013.jpg

i know the pictures arnt the best but at least you guys will get a rough idea[:@]

Last edited by a moderator:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
If that's right.

Were they run the same day with the code changes? If so then the car has had very little adaptation time. You should always allow at least a day of driving, for the car to fully adapt to the changes in code.

Same when you fiddle with the SPS3, i've altered my settings already, for this Saturday's RR day, so my car has a few days of adaption on the settings i have chosen.

My LCR on Stage 2 produces a little more power and more torque than it did on Stage 1, but the delivery of power in stage 2 is very different, with the boost coming on a bit later than stage 1 and pulling much harder.

By the shape of that graph it almost appears to me like its suffered heatsoak and pulled right back.

Mine runs with the Forge FMIC (recommended for Stage 2) and doesn't have any issues with heatsoak.

Short of that its the way its been run. Dyno Lottery™ (cheers Bill) ;)

Last edited:

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
you guys are reading it right. i had stage 1 for about 6month then i decided to get stage 2. i got it done in the morning then a drove approx 100miles and got it rolling roaded that afternoon. i think you may be right about the intercooler as that is the only stage 2 mod i havnt fitted to my car. i will need to get one fitted and see if it makes any differance. or i might just get it taken back to stage 1, where it had ALOT more torque

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Owen

You said yesterday you are getting a peak of 16psi with Revo 2

You should be getting 20psi with spikes of maybe 22psi.

You also reported a 17705 fault code with your car IIRC which points towards a boost leak.

Also, your MAF logs were around the low 100's g/s when the should be 195-200g/s

Either you have a boost leak or your MAF is knackered IMO

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
exactly rudd :) it's not "right" even for a heatsoaked car.

dead maf would apply the plateau you have

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
By the shape of that graph it almost appears to me like its suffered heatsoak and pulled right back.

Mine runs with the Forge FMIC (recommended for Stage 2) and doesn't have any issues with heatsoak.

Short of that its the way its been run. Dyno Lottery™ (cheers Bill) ;)

I suggested this to Owen as well, but once coupled with knowing he was getting a max of 16psi this points me towards MAF's and boost leaks

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Owen

The reasons why you are getting low rolling road results maybe the DASTEK rolling road, I only ever saw circa 235bhp with Revo stg1 on a DASTEK rolling road and I believe CoxW on revo stg2 on the same rollers saw 245-250bhp (on the same day).

The reason was debated in a 20+ page thread many moons ago and I'm not opening that can of worms.

What I will say is that my car still felt quick on the road though (yours obviously doesn't) even when fixed expect a rolling road print at the lower end of your expectations.

I have seen between 230 and 272bhp on various rolling roads in my car so I decided a long time ago to only go to SCn rolling road days and go for the CRAIC and to look at some great cars and sod the results.

Good luck finding your problem

Steve

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
thanks for all your help... i think i am going to try and get a new MAF sensor and see if that makes any differance,hopefully i can find one for less than £40(searchy me thinks). while i am doing that i will check all conections on my new TIP, the only other thing i can think of is that when i fitted the downpipe onto my car i havnt sealed it properly and it is leaking from there, is the only way to check if it is leaking through the sound of it(slight blowing sound0 or car you test it another way.

again thank you all very much

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Problem is if you rev the car when stationary the boost will only rise a minimal amount, ECU detects you are not moving (no load) so limits the boost (obviously not ideal when checking for a boost leak) the only way to trace the pipe at fault is car on a rolling road and head under the bonnet whilst running or check every pipe.

When my car had a boost leak it was a plit OEM pipe on the inside of the pipe bend, couldn't be seen untill the pipe was removed from the car.

Try the MAF although £40 sounds cheap? any meets up there where you could swap one over with someone????

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
not really any meets nearby i could go to and there are not alot of cupra r going around. i fancy coming down to an scn meet sometime soon so i might get a shot of one from someone at the meet...hopefully...:D

omg!

Feb 23, 2006
Fife
Owen
I go to Montrose often and have an LCR. If you know what you are doing, cos I don't, I will let you have a try of my MAF.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members