Finally Road registered and Legal

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
read on the vortex forum about the yanks sayin our coastdown methods were useless. no nothing about it but i no the yanks tend to do most things wrong :p

Stu_HR

Odd Member
Jun 9, 2005
..yeah. I was reading that too but lost the will after about the 35th post!

Red Ibiza VR6

Dec 24, 2005
Sydney, Australia
I`m glad theres nuthin wrong with my engine. Its only got 80,000kms on it. Feels like its right on the money with the power. My mate has a Golf VR6 which he drives daily. Let him have a go of this yesterday and he reckons it was slightly quicker :D

IbiVR

I bought a mk3 golf vr6, and by the time i'd sold everything we didnt use it cost about £1200. Including buying the Ibiza. lol.
At a guess you'd be looking at about £4k to get someone to do the conversion for you.

Not bad figures those - i take it your still running a cat?

Tom.

james_mk

Mk bandit
May 14, 2004
milton keynes/coventry
fair enough, but to be fair 4k is a hell of a lot though just for a vr6 engine. Imagine what you could do to the standard 2.0v for that tb's etc? Im pretty sure you can source a 20vt engine for around 800-900 quid anyway, im sure it wouldnt cost another 3k to fit it etc, and all the bits that go with it?

IbiVR

Depends. If you do it yourself, no, if you pay someone to do it yes. It'd be about the same cost as fitting a 20vt. Always gonne be cheaper if you supply your own parts too.

Theres so much choice you cant say xxx is a better engine, zzz is a better engine etc. VR is a good choice cos the amount of power you get from it without tyring. Yeah, spend a bit on a 2l 8v and you could be looking at similar power, but it'll be working hard. loads of potential in the vr too. And it sounds nice...

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Well theres plans and then theres the fact of finding money :cry:

What i hope to do is get some smoothing done, little touches to bumpers, set of polished design 90's and get it lower. should look simple and sweet.

love your wheels mate ;) you doing anything bodywork wise

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
well im about to dig the post out and pm the dude in question, to be fair it is a megga mission to fetch them. found out on clubgti that you can actually polish them yourself for minimum cost:D

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
hertfordshire in his sig, just pm'd him.

To be honest mate im stumpt to were that is, north londonish me thinks :confused:

anyhoot.........road trip :funk:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
jenk said:
oh bugger.....mother can i borrow the ST, the mans bullying me :bleh:
lol.. Jenk, yowm a nutta;)
just seriously thinkin' of 'ditching my multi-spokes now.. i need change.. was thinking of Euro style or poss going for a really 'Old -Skool' kinda 'Retro' feel.. but dunno.. got a Cupra rear bumper on, a sport(?) front bumper.. and a set of fibre glass sideskirts ready to go on in my shed.... but really dont know where to 'go' with it...... have recently put Cupra clocks in and a Half Leather interior.. but now im 'struggling' ..i need *inspiration*....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.