Finally steering wheel controls that works as they should

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
after 15 hours reading seat leon 2 forums i found what we need to make the wheel control work perfectly in any alpine H.U.

KCE-UNICAN the bag says APF-S999UN designed for altea leon and toledo it works as it should....

and with the respect of seatleon2 forums im going to copy the rest of the info

JVC - KS-RC204
PIONEER - CA-R-PI.221
KENWOOD - CAW-VW1280
ALPINE - APF-S999UN
BLAUPUNKT - VW RCI-4A

those are interface controls for the steering for JVC pioneer kenwood alpine and blaukpunkt hope you guys find this information as valuable as i do....

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
you want the alpine one, call the alpine center in UK and ask for it the controller is new so maybe you will have hard time find it, it works perfectly costs around 100 euros like 50 pounds, its designed for our cars by alpine for alpine

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Ok, sorry, thats what my local ICE dealer told me.

I'll will chase the part up next week and see what I can find out

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
yeah maybe in UK they use another SKU but there you have the proof from alpine that it really exists LOL

it says it costs 77 euros and doesnt have the interface yet for the red screen just wheel

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Well finally had a reply from Alpine after a week!

Hi Stephen, the APF-S999UN is a locally sourced product by Alpine Spain.
Please inform me of the exact model and year of your vehicle and we can recommend a solution if available in the UK. Alternatively you could ask you friend to purchase one and send it over for you ?

Not much help!

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
wow they are so useful......

i asked a guy in ebay that is selling everything to connect any kind of H.U. to any car and he told me he will have them in September and when he have them he will write me they ship internationally and i can help you with the buy

at least we found it, now my turn to get the H.U. sadly I'm almost broke

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
That would be great if you could let me know. Thank you.

I can't really afford 77 Euro's but never mind! I'll have to spend less on my holiday!

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Well I've just had an email from Alpine and the KCE-UNICAN is now available through UK distribution channels

I have a pdf of this product if anyone wants it.

I'll start to investigate this tomorrow :funk:

JMP

May 27, 2004
Old thread, but are there adapters for vehicle display interface from Alpine that should work with Leon? Or only steering wheel controls?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise