What's needed for an Alpine IDA X100 install to keep steering controls in a Mk4 Ibiza

mattyb95

Hi there,

Am a bit of an ICE muppet so just want to make sure wherever I go to get this installed doesn't **** it up or take me for a ride. Have just got a bonus at work so decided to replace the Alana unit in my 2008 Mk4 Ibiza (1.4 Sport 100BHP if that matters) with something swanky. Will probably be going for one of the Alpine IDA units with the bluetooth install and iPod connection as I'm not a big CD user anyway.

What will I need parts wise for this and so I can keep my steering wheel controls too?

The bits I know for sure are:

Alpine Headunit (Exact IDA unit TBD)
Alpine KCE-300BT unit
Alpine KCE-422i iPod Lead

From looking around other posts, I may need a radio booster, radio interface leads and then a lead to connect the steering controls, is this right and can anybody recommend parts?

The one place near me I did call, mentioned fascias as well (don't think they are too familiar with Ibizas), would one of them be needed, I assume to shrink the hole to fit the Alpine HU?

Finally for all that, what would be a reasonable cost for labour? Anything to be wary of, make sure the installer has done/not done?

Sorry to go on and thanks for all the help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmmsta

Sold car - bought bike
Feb 10, 2007
Maidstone - Kent
Have just bought the X100 unit, and you won't need the KCE-422i lead, as it comes out the box with the required leads to connect to your Pod (as long as it's one of the later gen. Pod's, I have a iPod Touch, which works fine off the supplied USB connection)

I know your post is a little old, but if you haven't bought it yet then will save you some pennys.

halftone

May 15, 2008
Dudley, West Midlands
Did you get this sorted ? I have just tried installing the x100, the steering wheel controls dont work, even thought i got the leads mentioned in the other topic.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
unfortunatly alpine do not do a steering wheel control for the seat.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members