first ice setup

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
hi there
im looking to install a sub setup in my ibiza. now my headunit is a clarion tv. link below
http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/produc...RX588RUSB/gb-en-product-pf_1172387305507.html

ive been offered a 12 jl audio W3v2 dual voice coil sub and e1200 monoblock full range amplifier for about £90. now i dont plan on upgrading the front speakers as not planning to keep the car for longer then 8 months and was wondering is it worth buying the jl amp and sub and if not what sub and amp can you recommend for around £100 second hand.

link to actual sub and amp
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250580611832&_trksid=p2761.l1259

Last edited:

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
also will consider brand new but at that budget think i might be better off second hand

aj51 log

You can't go wrong with JL. I'm using a JL Monoblock to power my 2 Vibe Black Air 10's and it's great :)

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
was wondering is there any picture tutorials on here on how to setup thee wiring or can anyone recommend someone around sheffield/rotherham area that would just put the wires in for me at a reasonable price?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
the JL 12w3 has always been one of the best all-round sub...you can't go wrong with them, that's why i got one :D

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
had the stereo and amps wired up today. now i had some problems getting the stereo to sit flush due to space in the back so had to put these in the 2nd slot which now means i cant put that storage thing back on. was wondering how easy is it to take the glovebox out hide the wires in the top there?

aj51 log

Mine sticks out about 1/8 of an inch. The amount of wires behind mine is unreal but I managed to bunch them all together and shove them back, what a chew on.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
as above, there is just enough room for all the wires to get it to sit flush...easiest way is to remove the bottom tray whilst fitting the hu, then arrange the wires to either side and plonk the tray back in