First Post

scholesy87

Hi all,
Have just bought myself an 05 ibiza cupra tdi, very pleased with it especailly considering i traded in my corsa vxr for it. Corsa was costing me and arm and a leg to run plus i wanted a bigger sports bike and the ibiza just caught my eye. Very nice car and much faster than the corsa once its on the move and uses much much less fuel. Overall a very nice little car and has more than won me over from the vxr.

scholesy87

Thanks, Remap is coming v soon, my grandad knows someone who works for a tuning place who do the DPT boxes so im getting one of them i think at discount price :)

scholesy87

Yeh they are, my grandad has been using them for ages on his cars and says they are the best he has used, they give figures of power up from 160 - 192 and torque from 330 - 396 so it looks a good bet.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
you will get a lot of the brown and sticky from other member on here about them as people generally do not like them. i had my diesel FR remapped by P Torque and it feels like a different car!

scholesy87

Yeh but im probably not gonna have to pay anything for it so ill give it a try first and if its not any good ill just take it off again, my main motto tho is that if its free try first, lol.

scholesy87

No the torque of the diesel is 330 NM remapped its 396 website is dieselpowertuning.co.uk if you want to check it.

scholesy87

New stereo, rear tints and the wheels refurbished are my first ports of call, whoever had it before i did curbed the s**t out of the wheels.... useless, ha ha. Altho i got the dealer to knock an extra 300 of the car for that.

scholesy87

I dont do lbft i have always worked torque in NM so thats where i get 330 from, no idea why i am in NM, lol.

scholesy87

Im not sure about lowering it the suspension is v hard as it is but if i get decent coilovers i could solve that, piccys will be up soon tho, its in black.

scholesy87

Yeh someone got lucky, do know what kind of air filter upgrades you can do to the diesels or which ones r the best, this is my first diesel so im not really sure and also have you ever had a problem with the lights fogging up as mines do it and apparently its a minor fault with the car in general so im told.

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Yeh someone got lucky, do know what kind of air filter upgrades you can do to the diesels or which ones r the best, this is my first diesel so im not really sure and also have you ever had a problem with the lights fogging up as mines do it and apparently its a minor fault with the car in general so im told.

most (including me) just go for the green pannel filter as induction kits make naf all difference tbh. the lights fogging up is common on the mk4's, pop the bulbs out dry them with a hair dryer then drill a small hole in the plastic cover this will stop them fogging up!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members