First time using Clay

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Thought I would post up some pictures of my first clay session (using Meguiars Quik Clay).

Applied Collinite 476s afterwards.

:detailer:

Clay Bar
clay_bar.JPG

Car before clay
before_clay.JPG

Clay bar during!!
clay_bar_during.JPG

Car during
car_during.JPG

Car after rince
car_rince_after.JPG

After Wax
wax_after1.JPG

wax_after2.JPG

Jun 24, 2007
durham
Clay is great for getting all the sh1t of that u cant really see looks like you did a good job just a shame you bought the wrong colour car :p black comes up like a mirror with it
clay.jpg
my old mini i did

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Clay is great for getting all the sh1t of that u cant really see looks like you did a good job just a shame you bought the wrong colour car :p black comes up like a mirror with it
clay.jpg
my old mini i did

yeah I see what you mean!

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Any tips on how to use it? Been looking into doing it on mine, shame the weather is all over the place at the moment!

Jun 24, 2007
durham
all i did was wash the car normally then use pannel by pannel spray the quick detailer then rub the clay over the area then wipe of with a micro fibre cloth its easy

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
Any tips on how to use it? Been looking into doing it on mine, shame the weather is all over the place at the moment!

Next time I do it, I will break up the clay bar into smaller bits rather than using it in one big bit. I also used it on the glass with no problems, just apply fingertip pressure, keep well lubed and move on when you can feel the clay slide like its on ice.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise