Fitted a DTUK chip on my ibiza cupra tdi

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
I fitted a DTUK digital diesel tuning system (PD2) chip that I bought from their website and first impressions are very good. This isn't your normal resister in a box ebay jobby, it's a proper digital system costing over £300 and it's worth every penny. I have had remaps before (Revo and Custom Code) and have been very impressed with both of them and this tuning box comes very close in my opinion. The extra power is noticeable as soon as you drive away after installing it - it self calibrates itself to your car and as an added bonus there are 4 maps you can switch between. 2 agressive Revo-type maps and 2 smooth Custom-Code like maps. I've already tried 2 of the maps and have opted to stick with the more powerful smoother map as it suites my driving style and has very impressive pulling power right up to 4,500k revs. My Ibiza is so much more responsive and fun to drive now I highly recommend looking at getting the chip and not dismissing it for a remap. I was going to get another remap but as I don't keep my cars that long I like the fact I can move the chip onto my next car or sell it on ebay to buy another one - highly recommended and the customer service is second to none - the best I've ever experienced!

deanomite

Dec 21, 2008
Hull
That sounds a really good option, and deffo the largest claim made for box alone. I had a tunit box on my Ibiza before my stage 2 and it was really good. Is your clutch slipping yet cos mine did with the Tunit?

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
That sounds a really good option, and deffo the largest claim made for box alone. I had a tunit box on my Ibiza before my stage 2 and it was really good. Is your clutch slipping yet cos mine did with the Tunit?

I haven't had any clucth slip yet but I'm not using the most agressive map on there. The map I'm using doesn't reach peak power until 3k revs so I'm hoping it will be easier on the clutch. I'm scared to use the map where all the power comes in at 2k revs and holds until 4.3k revs as I don't trust my right foot enough! I may try it for a week though, just to see what its like :D

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
Ooooh, dodgy ground mentioning a 'tuning box' on here mate, I did and was shot down in flames!!! :censored:

LOL, I think people's opinions of them are slowly changing for the better now there's the new digital boxes that are nearly as good as a remap. I'm very impressed with mine and it was a bit of a gamble as I've tried the cheapo ebay ones and even spent £450 on an analogue Bromleys Tunit box about 4 years ago that was absolutely shite! No doubt about it, the digital boxes are the way forward!

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
Dangerous move! Once you've tasted of the forbidden fruit........! :lol:

:D Well, I've had it on the most aggressive map for just over a week now and I haven't had any clutch slip yet, but thats probably due to the terrible weather. I haven't really had much of a chance to really 'test' it yet!

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
tell you what would be interesting if they were to rolling road each mode to see what kicks out on each one , have you RR'f it to know its 200bhp

my mate has one on his astra and claims over 200 but aint had it tested , just pissin in the wind really

maybe strike a deal on a next RR day yo have the runs cheaper

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I think the remaps vs tuning boxes discussion is really that some praising the tuning box don't realise that a "proper" remap is the purer, better way of doing it. You won't get flamed for having weighed up both options and making a choice based on a realistic appraisal of the options. The tuning box seems to suit what you want and like you say, you can sell it on. A good informed choice by the looks of things chap.

Enjoy........... and good luck with the clutch!! (I'd have gone for the remap though!!! ;))

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
tell you what would be interesting if they were to rolling road each mode to see what kicks out on each one , have you RR'f it to know its 200bhp

my mate has one on his astra and claims over 200 but aint had it tested , just pissin in the wind really

maybe strike a deal on a next RR day yo have the runs cheaper

I haven't had it RR but I've had a 280bhp LCR and a 230 bhp DC5 and it does "feel" roughly around that sort of figure. I know people with Astras that have had it dynoed at 204bhp!

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
I think the remaps vs tuning boxes discussion is really that some praising the tuning box don't realise that a "proper" remap is the purer, better way of doing it. You won't get flamed for having weighed up both options and making a choice based on a realistic appraisal of the options. The tuning box seems to suit what you want and like you say, you can sell it on. A good informed choice by the looks of things chap.

Enjoy........... and good luck with the clutch!! (I'd have gone for the remap though!!! ;))

Thanks mate, if I was planning on keeping the car for the next 3 years I would probably have gone with another remap, but I'll probably change it within a year - I miss my leon, so I'll probably get an FR+ and stick the chip on that! :) PM me if you're ever thinking of selling yours :D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I haven't had it RR but I've had a 280bhp LCR and a 230 bhp DC5 and it does "feel" roughly around that sort of figure. I know people with Astras that have had it dynoed at 204bhp!

of course it will - its got diesel grunt - god bless the 'Bum Dyno'®™

javorb

options

there is now a 3rd option for tuning ,i have previously sold tuning units for 6 years ,ther is now a mix of both worlds ,there is a box called powergate ,you plug it into the obd2 ,it comes with a remap installed or you can get a custom map ,the units can be reset and then you can get a map for your new car ,so it benefits from a remap ,has resale option or fit to next car option

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
ooooo

I love the idea of switching between maps. Not quite sure how they write custom maps without putting the car on a rolling road?

i'm ready for a stage 2 map now but seriously thinking about this DTUK box.

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
ooooo

I love the idea of switching between maps. Not quite sure how they write custom maps without putting the car on a rolling road?

i'm ready for a stage 2 map now but seriously thinking about this DTUK box.

Although there's 4 maps in the chip they are all still 'generic' not custom maps. 2 maps have the peak power at 2k revs and the other 2 are smoother with peak power coming in at around 3.5k with 1 map holding more power for longer.

It's a good tuning box but it wouldn't be as good as a stage 2 custom map for your car with your mods. You would see good gains with the box but if you are planning to keep your car for quite some time a custom stage 2 map will squeeze more power out of your setup.

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
I fitted a DTUK digital diesel tuning system (PD2) chip that I bought from their website and first impressions are very good. This isn't your normal resister in a box ebay jobby, it's a proper digital system costing over £300 and it's worth every penny. I have had remaps before (Revo and Custom Code) and have been very impressed with both of them and this tuning box comes very close in my opinion. The extra power is noticeable as soon as you drive away after installing it - it self calibrates itself to your car and as an added bonus there are 4 maps you can switch between. 2 agressive Revo-type maps and 2 smooth Custom-Code like maps. I've already tried 2 of the maps and have opted to stick with the more powerful smoother map as it suites my driving style and has very impressive pulling power right up to 4,500k revs. My Ibiza is so much more responsive and fun to drive now I highly recommend looking at getting the chip and not dismissing it for a remap. I was going to get another remap but as I don't keep my cars that long I like the fact I can move the chip onto my next car or sell it on ebay to buy another one - highly recommended and the customer service is second to none - the best I've ever experienced!

Interesting that this review is used on the DTUK website...

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
Interesting that this review is used on the DTUK website...

The guy has obviously copied the text from my post and put it on his website - I didn't know it was on there until you said! He is a forum member on here so he's obviously seen it.

It sounds like you are trying to imply I am in some way affiliated with DTUK - I can assure you I am not - if you look at one of my previous posts I actually recommended a stage 2 remap over the chip, if I was trying to drum-up business for DTUK I wouldn't say that would I :p

I am very impressed with the DTUK chip and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for more power and torque - there is no hidden agenda in there, I'm not getting paid anything to say that and I'm in no way connected to anyone at DTUK or any other tuning company - I'm a graphic designer!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The guy has obviously copied the text from my post and put it on his website - I didn't know it was on there until you said! He is a forum member on here so he's obviously seen it.

Interesting

Since you've posted it on SCN - the copyright is mine.

I shall invoice him £10000 for the use of my content.

Who's the member on here? :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.