fitted dynatwist induction, not impressed :-(

chrisimp

Hi all,

Well Iv just been out in the rind hail rain and cold as I was determined to fit my dynatwist induction kit as had looked up induction kits on this site and I decided that this one sounded the one to go for.

When I brought my leon 5 months ago It had a unnamed open air filter on it which I didn’t like the look of as I didn’t know what it was. On the car it made a very nice loud whoosh noise but no induction growl what so ever, boring lol!

Anyway to the point of this posting after fitting my dynatwist which I got of ebay the other day (second hand) and the seller noted that he got a nice induction growl from it.

So all fitted up and looking good I let the car sit for a min with the key turned round but engine not on then 5 mins with the engine sat at idle, then the moment of truth I went for a drive not giving it any till nice and warm at 90 degrees. Got to a junction and put my foot down expecting all hell to brake loose!

Nowt special, disappointing to be honest Id lost the loud whoosh now just a subtle noise if that and no real growl just an increased engine rumble. The same through all the gears at all levels of revs the only thing I would say is that response is a little better as its only taking in cold air now.

Have I missed something here should I have done something else? Would have been really naffed of if Id spent the full £170 for it! So I assume Iv done something wrong, please someone come along and tell me Iv done something silly and make it all better lol.

Cheers
Chris

p.s cars a 1.8 t.

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
Mate i fitted mine today and im having the same problem!

Doesnt growl that much at all and to be honest its onnly the response time that is better, cant even notice any sound diffrence at all. Even my Split R sounds quiet now :(

caveo

these type of enclosed filters are suposed to be quiet and are best used for power not sound or if your after a stelth/sleeper type of mod.

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
yea but i did hear that they gave it a nice sound too not just good air intake

caveo

no mate if you want sound get an open cone . this is prob why it sounds quiet as youve come from an open cone to an enclosed filter.

cuprajim

Apr 26, 2006
Cupraland
Mine sounds like an asthmatic Chav on 20 Lambert and Butler per day under the bonnet. Not great. All Induction mods are a complete waste of time IMO.

If you want nice noise then buy one of the follwing:

A moist East European Blonde with a Rabbit
A Ducati 1098R with 54mm Termignonis
A 911 C4S with open pipes

If you want more power, buy a faster car.

VAG 1.8Ts are not reknowned for their aural outputs!

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
i got a noticable sound difference going from the standard airbox to the dynatwist. must be the open cone experience. :shrug:

cant see how you could have put it on wrong? sounds daft but its not on the wrong way round is it?

i found it a good filter with a good sound:)

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
was the kit you bought £51,i think i was bidding on the same1 last week on ebay,glad i didnt bother now,sorry mate!!

Rick 01

LCR
May 14, 2006
Yorkshire
You want something like this - lots of noise guaranteed!

RU-5147.jpg

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you have'nt done veryt good research then have you.
RamAir is the louder enclosed filter, but open cones will be louder if "loud" woosh is what you are after.

come the warm months however, when your car feels flat as a fart with its open cone, you will want an enclosed filter again.

Dynatwist is not a loud induction. Its louder than OE airbox, but never louder than an open filter. Remove the housing (defeats the object but works) and it will be all loud again.

you dont get growl on turbo motor... there's a long intake tract and a turbo between the growly bit and the inlet remember.

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
come the warm months however, when your car feels flat as a fart with its open cone, you will want an enclosed filter again.

you dont get growl on turbo motor... there's a long intake tract and a turbo between the growly bit and the inlet remember.

couldnt agree more,car is.....well......gay when the weather is hot!

didnt think turbos growled,but cheers for confirming that!!:)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay

Even in the colder months the engine heat is huge so the lovely open filter will be sucking in the warm air.
Only route for a performance point of view in an enclosed system.

jamiebennett81

Hi all,

Well Iv just been out in the rind hail rain and cold as I was determined to fit my dynatwist induction kit as had looked up induction kits on this site and I decided that this one sounded the one to go for.

When I brought my leon 5 months ago It had a unnamed open air filter on it which I didn’t like the look of as I didn’t know what it was. On the car it made a very nice loud whoosh noise but no induction growl what so ever, boring lol!

Anyway to the point of this posting after fitting my dynatwist which I got of ebay the other day (second hand) and the seller noted that he got a nice induction growl from it.

So all fitted up and looking good I let the car sit for a min with the key turned round but engine not on then 5 mins with the engine sat at idle, then the moment of truth I went for a drive not giving it any till nice and warm at 90 degrees. Got to a junction and put my foot down expecting all hell to brake loose!

Nowt special, disappointing to be honest Id lost the loud whoosh now just a subtle noise if that and no real growl just an increased engine rumble. The same through all the gears at all levels of revs the only thing I would say is that response is a little better as its only taking in cold air now.

Have I missed something here should I have done something else? Would have been really naffed of if Id spent the full £170 for it! So I assume Iv done something wrong, please someone come along and tell me Iv done something silly and make it all better lol.

Cheers
Chris

p.s cars a 1.8 t.

sorry, but what were you expecting when you say "Got to a junction and put my foot down expecting all hell to brake loose!"

an induction kit will give arounf 4-6bhp increase, possibly more on a mapped car, did you expect some kind of NOS type shot injection and the car to shoot off?

I think expectations have been set to high, which is why this has led to your disappointment

dynatwists are not loud, but in terms of performance they are a very good modfication due to their enclosed housing and also look very nice under the bonnet

give it time, and you will notice a difference, but anyone expecting some massive hike in power or what ever you were expecting will only lead to disappointment

caveo

sod it just go the whole hog n get a ihi kit with full 3 inch decat no that sounds loud!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.