fitted forge split r lost a little power????

s4oopie

Boost Junkie
Jul 9, 2009
the car wash ;)
I would have thought it would be a case of putting the blanking plug into the hole and away you go buddy ... if you set the split r up so it works well and no power loss then adding the plug should just put it into re-circ mode with out any loss of power :confused:

Cupra r 225bhp

GREY LCR 225
Dec 16, 2008
DERBY
I would have thought it would be a case of putting the blanking plug into the hole and away you go buddy ... if you set the split r up so it works well and no power loss then adding the plug should just put it into re-circ mode with out any loss of power :confused:

thanks mate i will give it a go see how it goes. but that whoosh noise gets attention but gets so annoying sometimes

Adjustment of the SPLT-R valve is done by turning the ratcheting adjustment knob located on the top of
the valve. Turning the knob clockwise will stiffen the spring for higher levels of boost retention, while
turning the knob counter-clockwise will loosen the spring tension for lower levels of boost retention.
The spring used in the SPLT-R valve is a conical (ie: collapsible) progressive rate spring designed to retain
a wide range of boost levels depending upon the adjustment of the valve.
The adjustment knob is ratcheted and there are 8 "clicks" per 1 full revolution of the knob (360 degrees).
There are also roughly 6 and one half full revolutions of the knob available enabling about 53 "clicks" to
provide a wide range of adjustment. This ratcheting feature also allows the user to keep track of their
adjustments for varying boost levels. ie: a different boost level for pump gas vs. race gas.
Once the valve has been fitted to the vehicle, adjustment of the spring pre-load may be undertaken so as to
appropriately tune the valve to the boost output level of the given application onto which it is being
installed. Each user will need to adjust their valve so that it will hold boost all the way to the specified
redline of their application under wide open throttle without experiencing any valve fluttering at full-boost
throttle lift.
If valve fluttering is felt at full-boost throttle lift, this is typically an indication that the valve is adjusted too
stiffly.
If the valve is leaking under wide open throttle before the specified redline of the application is reached,
this typically means that the valve is adjusted too softly.
Please note that valve fluttering under partial throttle conditions or partial boost throttle lift is a normal
occurrence as IS NOT an indication of compressor surging. Partial throttle or partial boost valve flutter is
solely an indication that the valve is responding directly in a completely normal way to an inconsistent
pressure differential on either side of the throttle body as it is being modulated. Compressor surging would
only be experienced if full-boost throttle lift valve flutter is experienced under prolonged circumstances and
is not corrected immediately.
Please take note: the adjustment knob on the SPLT-R valve is NOT a means by which to adjust the
atmospheric noise level of the valve. It is solely a means by which to adjust spring pre-load. We have
specifically designed this product with specific tolerances that restrict re -circulating and atmospheric
function to a level that will ensure no adverse affects on the engine management system (ECU), fuel
trims, mass airflow meter, etc. This ensures no possibility for check engine lights or fault codes of any
kind unless in such an instance where the user may be using the valve fully atmospherically.
As mentioned previously, this valve is capable of being setup in 3 possible ways:
- Hybrid - Atmospheric AND Re -circulating Operation
- 100% Re -circulating
- 100% Atmospheric (Done at the users own risk of possible incompatibility with their application)
Each setup requires that the valve ports be setup in a specific way. The discharge ports and included plug
are removable and interchangeable.
Direct from us, the valve is setup for Hybridre-circulating and atmospheric operation and the blanking
plug is not used. Nothing will need to be changed prior to installation for the use of this setup.
If the user chooses to setup the valve in a 100% recirculating configuration , the discharge horn will need to
be removed (unscrewed) and replaced with the blanking plug on the body of the valve. Nothing else will need
to be change for this particular configuration of the valve.
If the user so chooses to setup the valve in a 100% atmospheric configuration, again, which is done at the
users own risk of a possible rich fuel condition and subsequent fault code and/or check engine light, they
may do so by setting up the valve as outlined below.
The atmospheric discharge horn will remain, however, it will need to be relocated to the side of the valve
on which the recirculating port was previously installed. The recirculating port itself will need to be
removed and the blanking plug will be placed where the atmospheric horn was previously.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Best bet is have the blanking plate in if it was set up befor and it was ok then it will be good if not a stage 2 lcr should be about 30 clicks I think don't quote me been a while since I done it love my split r and will never go back tried 007 and hated it

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.