Fitted my FMIC today what you think

JJ_arosa

fitted my ths type 1 intercooler today, bit of a bummer to do, found it easyer to buy a extra bend and use it than the other way some of you told me to use.

few pics :

P29-12-08_154401.jpg

P29-12-08_1544.jpg

JJ_arosa

im getting the bump strips colour coded, as when i took them off to get my bumper off it looks much nicer all red. and im wanting standard rims if any body wants to do a deal with my rota torque alloys in the pic

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
looks nice :)
is the pipe catching on your bumper on the driver side??just looks like it is.
i do prefer the look ofthe universal one though,where the pipes sideeither further down, or further up depending which way you put it in though

JJ_arosa

looks nice :)
is the pipe catching on your bumper on the driver side??just looks like it is.
i do prefer the look ofthe universal one though,where the pipes sideeither further down, or further up depending which way you put it in though

no not cathing any where mate, infact i chopped a little to much off the bumper lol but atleast it wunt scrub.

JJ_arosa

cooler cost me 125 + 12 delivery = 137
samco pipes = 85
alliminium pipe = B&Q breakfast bar legs - 16 each x 2 = 32.00
stainless stell high torque jublie clips x 12 = 28

all in all = 282.00 and around 5 hours labour

Dec 13, 2006
Ashford, Middx
I bought the universal fmic off ebay, any reason why you didnt buy that one?

Looks good though mate, i wouldnt say its the easiest thing to get fitted nicely.

JJ_arosa

I bought the universal fmic off ebay, any reason why you didnt buy that one?

Looks good though mate, i wouldnt say its the easiest thing to get fitted nicely.

pipe work does not match as its a uni kit.

plus they smaller in core size

ths got good reviews aswell

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
Looks really nice mate:funk:. I got my forge one today which im hoping to get fitted after new years. My cupras red aswell and ive got my cc'd bump strips ready to put on aswell when i do the 'cooler, should look good.

Wanted to ask... i have revo stage 1 at the mo... but going KO3S very soon... got all the parts ready to go on, whats custom code stage 2 like? You pleased with it? Think i may down that route map wise

JJ_arosa

Looks really nice mate:funk:. I got my forge one today which im hoping to get fitted after new years. My cupras red aswell and ive got my cc'd bump strips ready to put on aswell when i do the 'cooler, should look good.

Wanted to ask... i have revo stage 1 at the mo... but going KO3S very soon... got all the parts ready to go on, whats custom code stage 2 like? You pleased with it? Think i may down that route map wise

custom code are prob the best as every one knows plus they price are very good, im off to see bager5 (bill) to get my mods mapped in, the only mods my car had at first with the stage 2 was a ko3's and a filter lol last owner did not know the score.

now i have fmic,filter,exhaust turbo back,dv,all bypass so hoping for 245bhp :)

May 16, 2008
southampton
looks good mate mine is the same but with a different intercooler ... just tryed to put a picture not sure if it will work as its my first try to upload a picture..

picture.php

Matt S!

ovni ibiza cupra 1.8T
Apr 9, 2007
stoke-on-trent
You shud get around 240bhp with your mods....

I have same set up as you but on revo stg 2 (mild settings) and have 238 bhp

Will have to max out your timing and boost etc on the CC stg2 map to get the magic 245bhp

Matt S!

ovni ibiza cupra 1.8T
Apr 9, 2007
stoke-on-trent
Karls cupra - yout car looks sweet !!

You got rear mud flaps? I've got sum but not fitted yet. My seat mudflaps look like they don't match up with the holes in the rear bumper/arch?

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
the more of these set up i see the more i realy realy like them,,i like the way you can see the pipes either side as well looks proper racey

sparkie1984

sparky
Aug 17, 2008
if i could buy that in a kit right now, id buy one this second!!!!!

the only thing putting me off is getting the hoses right and where to get them from etc.....

that looks the bees knees! :)

May 16, 2008
southampton
matt s yeah my mud guards are e-bay ones just flat plastic ones but look cool and only needed self tapin screws to fit really easy. also my intercooler is a intercooler king one it has bigger inlet an outlet 2.5" and had to make the kit up my self cost a little over 200 quid but i only got it cause i bought the hoses before they made this kit up ...

picture.php

JJ_arosa

cooler ebay.
pipes ebay.
jubliee clips local metal ware shop - make sure they are high torque ones (stainless steel) other wise they blow off.

alloy pipe from B&Q it is breakfast bar legs lol but they work very well as they 60mm wide

if you want the ebay sellers name PM me

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.