Fitting an LED

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
depends on what you want it to do. do you want it on permanently? or just when the door opens?

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
Best would be to rig it up to a 9 volt battery, a switch and a 555 timer (which will make it flash)

J.Topaz

MPG addict
Nov 5, 2006
I have a 12v led that pulses with its in-built resistor. Anywhere else I could wire it up so it comes on once doors are locked??

Black TDI Turbo

Shussssh Its A Diesel ...
Oct 2, 2005
North East
Could you not just wire it up to the interior light as that uses a 12v feed and comes on when the remote locking is operated then goes off when the key is in the ignition or doors locked. Would be the simple and easiest way. Straight wired into the loom already fused the lot.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Was going to say my 1.4 Cool, 1.6 Sport and 1.8T Cupra have all had the red flashing LED. Unless you have a model without central locking (did they make one!?!?) I would presume you already should have one!

J.Topaz

MPG addict
Nov 5, 2006
Could you not just wire it up to the interior light as that uses a 12v feed and comes on when the remote locking is operated then goes off when the key is in the ignition or doors locked. Would be the simple and easiest way. Straight wired into the loom already fused the lot.

I'm not to keen on dismantling my whole car to get at the feed...This method sounds like the best way to me. So how would I go about finding the right wires etc etc? Cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members